Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

airsoft trigger

Chris_Andersen

I am seeing more and more airsoft posts on here and was wondering if anyone has played with the trigger on thier airsoft pistol. I have an M&P CO2 powered pistol that I practice with and the trigger is a bit frustrating. I am considering tearing into it, but was wondering if anyone else had done this?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd guess you haven't gotten any replies because nobody here has done much to their triggers. They're gas metering devices, not hammer/striker cocking/sear release mechanisms, so I don't know that there's much that could be done to smooth up or lighten the action.

But, this is a new forum. You might want to try one of the big Airsoft sites.

Post back a link if you find something useful! :rolleyes:

If your gun is CO2 powered, in all probability it's not a Gas Blowback (GBB) mechanism like most Airsofts, but a Gas Non-Blowback (GNB). GNBs tend to have MUCH heavier trigger pulls than GBBs because on GBBs the trigger action is recocked by the action of the slide cycling. On a GNB by contrast, all the work of cocking the action has to be accomplished by your trigger finger. On GBBs, actually, most people bitch the trigger pulls are lighter than their real gun equivalent.

I have a M&P airsoft I tweaked a little. I made an overtravel stop that I glued onto the back of the trigger filed it down until it fires every time. I then drilled a hole through the front sight dremeled out a channel in the top placed a fiber rod in and voila a fiberoptic front sight. I also took a file to the rear sight removed the with dots then serrated it so it looks very similar to my rear sight.

Now the trigger weight is still heavier and the reset distance greater than my real M&P but it is still fun to send orange bbs all over the house with a grip and sights that are close to my real gun.

Edited by Dan Burwell

Depending on what brand you go with will determine how easy it is to upgrade. The Tokyo Marui, TM has pretty much to the most parts easily available. Western Arms WA also has alot of parts.

You can tune and even stone to get the trigger pull you want

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6268

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-list2.asp?...r%20and%20Parts

I purchased mine with the specific intent to train my young son. At the time he had NO shooting experience and I wanted to teach him to stay away from the trigger until he intended to shoot. I was able to reduce the trigger pull on my Western Arms SV replica to under 16oz easily. I was amazed at how many of the internal parts were similar to the real parts. The sear spring spring was the same as a 1911 and I just tuned it to the pull weight that I wanted.

• 3 months later...

I have on all my GBB guns. I even have made a video showing how I do it. I don't have the video link handy. But its on my YouTube page in the training video section. I'm able to smooth out and lighten my triggers down to under 2lbs consistent pull weight.

Any way to make the trigger pulls heavier, say 5.5 pounds?

In my experience model box stock guns come with a 4#+ trigger. So adding a little weight would probably be a matter of simply increasing sear spring tension.

My SV airsoft trigger is set to the same pull weight as my real SV. Easy to do on the GBB not famillar with the CO2 guns.

I do use the CO2 magazines with my airsoft due to the consistancy from shot to shot. Green gas is very inconsistant when you shoot fast. The CO2 mags are also about the same weight as a partially loaded SV mag. That combined with an all metal gun makes the weight very close to the real thing.

How about on a Glock 17 Airsoft? I've known how to detail strip a Glock for a long, long time :lol: but haven't gotten around yet to learning to detail strip the Airsoft. Does a Glock Airsoft even have a sear spring?

Oh.... :unsure: