Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jay Leno's Garage

-JQ-

A friend of mine got to visit Jays actual garage regarding selling him a piece of equipment.

The full time mechanic is who he dealt with, however Jay eventually came around and took him all over the garage. He said Jay was a genuinely nice guy, was totally interested in the cars my friend has/had. So he really is a true car guy.

Very cool site---One of my favorite clips is the 1970 Hemi Challenger, at the end he talks about doing burnouts, sais"I do it for the kids" then lights em up and does a little fishtail down the road. Very cool.

I really like the comment he makes about owning dozen's of brands of sports cars, and out of all of them, he thinks the Corvettes and the Porsches are the best to drive because you can abuse them and they will take it, unlike the other finicky brands.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Jay also has a nice collection of shelby related cars, a GT40, GT 350 and a 427 Cobra (although the cobra is a replica, I think he can offord to purchase a original), he was saying he wanted to recreate one of the famous magazine covers, I think a 1966 sports car grapic, with all three of the above mentioned cars. Not too many people can take that photo with cars in their shop.

I'm trying to attach a photo or a link to a photo of my current project car. 427SC Cobra, aluminum body, 427FE, alum ford toploader 4 sp., alum shelby rear 331 gears, 42 gal. comp alum fuel tank, FIA wheels, most of it fabricated in house at GT. Almost done, fired it up yesterday and hope to drive it as a go kart within the next week. regards, karl @ GT

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showpho...mp;ppuser=21228

Edited by Karl @ GT

hey paul, yeah, the blue one is a original 289 Cobra. My dad bought it in '69 and it is still in good condition and runs great. it was a great investment, it has gone up in value a little since 69. My project is running and ready for a test drive in the next few days.

later, karl

hey paul, yeah, the blue one is a original 289 Cobra. My dad bought it in '69 and it is still in good condition and runs great. it was a great investment, it has gone up in value a little since 69. My project is running and ready for a test drive in the next few days.

later, karl

:bow:

Hey, Jay also has a nice collection of shelby related cars, a GT40, GT 350 and a 427 Cobra (although the cobra is a replica, I think he can offord to purchase a original), he was saying he wanted to recreate one of the famous magazine covers, I think a 1966 sports car grapic, with all three of the above mentioned cars. Not too many people can take that photo with cars in their shop.

I'm trying to attach a photo or a link to a photo of my current project car. 427SC Cobra, aluminum body, 427FE, alum ford toploader 4 sp., alum shelby rear 331 gears, 42 gal. comp alum fuel tank, FIA wheels, most of it fabricated in house at GT. Almost done, fired it up yesterday and hope to drive it as a go kart within the next week. regards, karl @ GT

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showpho...mp;ppuser=21228

Very nice.

We were on a road trip last friday when we came upon a line of Cobra's (replicas I'm sure) heading no doubt to a show somewhere. We were in either Ohio or Pennsylvania at the time. All of them had Kentucky plates. My son (11) went nuts and grabbed my camera for some pics. A short time later there were four or five more heading the other way down the highway.

post-6767-1246539414_thumb.jpg

post-6767-1246539424_thumb.jpg

post-6767-1246539437_thumb.jpg

Hey, Yeah, big cobra show in London Ohio, just outside Columbus. THey have 3 or 4 days of drag races, road races, car shows and burn outs on main street. It is all for charity. I have never been there but it looks like a lot of fun. I attend the yearly shelby club convention when it is in the northeast.

My project is now a running and completely functioning "go kart" now I need to install the alum body and go thru penn registration.

regards, karl @ GT