Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chickenfoot

j1b

Managed to download the new album on itunes.

Pretty good album. I love "sexy little thing" and "soap on a rope"

Given how modern artists put out "tough" albums, I think this one is a good buy.

I burned a CD, plopped it in the Jeep, took the top down, lit a Cohiba and cruised around - I can say it was a perfect combination!

Jack

I bought it yesterday and haven't had a moment to listen to it. How can you go wrong? Sam is Sam, Mike is Mike, Satch is the best, and drummers just spontaneously combust.

Good stuff!!!

Very vintage Hagar sounding. I'm one of the few that think that Van Hagar was just as good or as or at times even better than Van Halen. Except for some of the early stuff Van Halen fell into a rut in a bad way. Sammy brought rock and roll back to that band.

Satriani is a guitar slinger. Sammy is a guitar slinger. Anthony knows his way around a bass fret board better than most will ever. Chad Smith from the Peppers.

Priceless...

The album rocks. Get's better every time I listen to it.

It's been in the jeep since I burned it and I haven't switched to radio yet.

And, I was in Best Buy today in Pittsburgh (Congrats to the Pens!) - sold out.

For me, this one is a winner!

J

And, I was in Best Buy today in Pittsburgh (Congrats to the Pens!) - sold out.

The Best Buy in Dayton had some when I was there Thursday. The album cover is heat/touch sensitive so when you first look at it the whole cover looks BLACK (except for the Chickenfoot logo) then when you go and pick it up the heat from your hands changes the colors so you can see pics of the band members!

I like gimmicky stuff like that.

And YES I have the Pink Floyd CD Box that blinks (Pulse) and the TOOL & KISS cd's that have 3-D Glasses included with them. :D

"Oh Yeah" (track Four) might be my favorite.

What I like about them is that they are like a nice blend of everything that I like. Riffy like Led Zep, chording like classic VH, drive and energy like some of the edgier Grunge bands, Solos that are not trying to be excessive but seem just right.

I hope they are around for awhile and have many more albums to come.

Brian

I let it run on repeat all weekend at Va-MD Sectionals... Good music for running chrono, as a matter of fact.

I REALLY like this disc. REALLY. I bet I've heard it 10 times now from end to end and its really quite good. I liked Van Hagar when I was a kid and this is better.

I let it run on repeat all weekend at Va-MD Sectionals... Good music for running chrono, as a matter of fact.

I REALLY like this disc. REALLY. I bet I've heard it 10 times now from end to end and its really quite good. I liked Van Hagar when I was a kid and this is better.

I know I've been on this band wagon a bit. But when's the last time any of us heard this? The ALBUM is good. Not a song. Not a track. The whole album!!!!

For clarities sake, I have no affiliation. I'm just a fan. But everday I like this thing more and more. Track 8 I played over and over today. Rock solid.

If you like Van Halen, Van Hagar, Sammy etc. - this is a must buy. Best CD I've bought in a long time. And any individual song could be a strong "best" song on any given day.

Jack

Jack I could repeat your post WORD-FOR-WORD but I wont. :D

That is a true testament to all classic albums ....... can you put the cd on "repeat" and go about your day without hitting "NEXT". I love to hit the NEXT button when I'm listening to 99% of my music. There are a few rare cd's I can listen to all the way through. And this is one of them! :)

You know how you could put Van Halen I on and let it play all the way through ? And I might even add Van Hagars 1st album together .... 5150. That was pure rock from start to finish.

This is something very similar to that type of music. :cheers:

But for clarity this is NOT Van Halen, or any variation of it. This isn't solo Joe Satriani stuff, and it sure as heck isn't "Sammy Hagar and his band". This is a whole new project by some REALLY talented musicians.

How many bands has Hagar been a part of? Montrose, Solo stuff, Van Halen, MORE solo stuff, and now this ??? Probably close to 40 years playing in front of fans everywhere.

And who doesnt know Joe Satriani? 20? 30 years on stage shredding away? Michael Anthony was in Van Halen for 30 years, and Chad Smith banged a kit for the Red Hot Chili Peppers for 20 years. :blink:

This is some serious talent and years of experience put together here.

And it's all starting to make sense too how Michael Anthony was kick out of VH and they replaced him with Wolfgang Van Halen, and sought out David Lee Roth to make a come-back of sorts. Seems to make more sense to me now, how this band came together. And now that they've released an album I wouldn't be surprised to see VH release something later this year. Let's see if it's as good as this!

Edited by Chris Keen

I saw VH in Charlottesville last year. I've also seen them with Sammy on OU812.

The C-ville gig was canceled twice for whatever issues Ed has. When they FINALLY played months later, the show was basically a best of turned up REALLY loud with the usual Dave banter. It was not a good show and I was hugely disappointed.

C-foot gives me hope. As you pointed out, Chris, these guys are extremely accomplished and it shows. It also shows that they are actually having fun and doing it just for the giggles. I like that.

Edited by Seth

• 2 weeks later...