Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's All In The Soundtrack

Micah

I'm just the opposite, when I listen to fast music, I go too fast on the shooting and end up trainwrecking. I've actually had the best luck with laid-back old-school hip-hop, especially since I got satellite radio. Like

classic for example.

I find a little Miles Davis or Thelonious Monk hit the spot and help me focus before I shoot. I don't need anything to get my jacked up..... When I get to a match I'm the fastest misser in the group... I need something to slow down my mind and get me in the right state of mind to focus on the match.

I've been playing professionally for about 40 years, so my take might be a little different than most, and I my thoughts parallel the "laid back" idea.

My first choice would be Sade's "Smooth Operator" -style stuff. You know, something to balance the amp'ed, competitive, agressive juices naturally flowing.

Think of the theme song playing while the cars fly around the F1 tracks in John Frankenheimer's movie "Grand Prix".

It begins around :52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrru1ZZdmBA

Of course, that's not to say one couldn't shoot well being in the pocket and groove of "La Grange", too. :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was sung by Sly Stone in the late 60's in Dance to the Music-Sega must have picked it up from there or from some NBA guys who got from Sly. Anyway-it's a cool thing thing to say when you done good.

Actually it was sung by Sly Stone in the late 60's in Dance to the Music-Sega must have picked it up from there or from some NBA guys who got from Sly. Anyway-it's a cool thing thing to say when you done good.

Ah, I see. I wasn't around wayyyyy back in the day when it was used in Dance to the Music smile.gif I thought I was going "Old School" with the Sega reference, but I was schooled instead.