Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone signed up for Max Michel Class at Sig Sauer?

wkj4567

Just saw this.... I just took a class with Matt Burkett that looks similar. $1000 for 2 days sounds a tad high too. I bet it will be a good class though.

How much was the Burkett class? Did you learn a lot? Was it worth it?

Just saw this.... I just took a class with Matt Burkett that looks similar. $1000 for 2 days sounds a tad high too. I bet it will be a good class though.

The class was $600 for 3 days. There was 14 in the class.... a couple too many for my liking. But yeah- it was certainly worth it. It was great to see what I've been doing right and what I need to work on. Me and a few of the guys are trying to decide the best way in/out of boxes- even at the GM level- some like it one way, some like it another. Plus like the other poster said- he's entertaining as a bonus.

Wrt the Sig class Rob- I thought it might be outdoors where frangible isn't needed. That requirement alone would be a deal breaker for me!

The class I took there was on both the indoor and outdoor range, and was almost entirely steel. We used nothing but frang the whole time (advanced concealed carry) with the exception of the sim rounds.

Its also on a Frangible only range, so bring your own or buy it from SIG when you get there.

The class is rain or shine and is all outdoors, I confirmed this with SIG. You can bring your own ammo and don't need frangible. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by wkj4567

The class was $600 for 3 days. There was 14 in the class.... a couple too many for my liking. But yeah- it was certainly worth it. It was great to see what I've been doing right and what I need to work on. Me and a few of the guys are trying to decide the best way in/out of boxes- even at the GM level- some like it one way, some like it another. Plus like the other poster said- he's entertaining as a bonus.

Wrt the Sig class Rob- I thought it might be outdoors where frangible isn't needed. That requirement alone would be a deal breaker for me!

The SIG class is limited to 10 which is a good number, you are correct that frangible isn't needed. It's expensive but to there really aren't too many options for GM quality coaching in my area and if I have to fly somewhere for a class instead of driving the cost factor balances out. I also figure I'll save some money on ammo because I'll learn how to practice properly and won't be wasting time and money at the range reinforcing bad habits!

wkj- I"ve seen a bunch of Max on youtube and on the Saul Kirsch 3GM DVDs- He's awesome I bet it will be a great class!

Thanks, I'm signed up, I will tell you all about it after I get back!