Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

David Caradine Dead

Dan Hefta

:( He's kind of an icon... Unfortunately, there appears to be some confusion around the circumstances, too... not clear if it was natural causes, or if it was suicide...

I have always liked him. Like his father and brothers, even when he was in a serious role, there was always a tinge of mischief in his eyes. I got the feeling he never took himself too seriously.

Even when he was in Kung Fu (which really should have starred an Asian actor), he brought a unique perspective to the show.

I enjoyed watching him in the History Channel's Wild West Tech...

It was somewhat of a dichotomy of characterization after having watched Kung Fu for years.

Rest in Peace Grasshopper... :(

He was also one of the few "gun-friendly" Hollywood personalities. We lost a good one. :(

Yeah , I liked him too. I believe most all the Hollywood Cardines (4) we gun friendly. Seems they may have all been SASS members or least I read an article years ago about them in a SASS write up.

I can't see this guy as a "suicide."

I've read his autobiography --- I can. Whether intentional, or just putting himself in a risky situation where death was a possible outcome.....

Time to watch Kill Bill this weekend, maybe Lone Wolf McQuade too.....

I use to watch him on Kung Fu when I was a kid also. I enjoyed his Wild West Tech series too. He will be missed. I don't see the suicide either, but one never knows.

After the Kill Bill series he supposedly kicked his alcohol problems, wouldn't have thought he would have been into it, but it sounds like SB autoeroticisim.

Am I the only one to remmember when he played Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory"? A great movie and he was great in it IIRC he played and sang the parts himself. RIP

Apparently, there was a time in his life where he was severely depressed and had spoken about suicide, but that seems to have been put well behind him.

But as more information starts to be known about what "other parts of his body" were tied up, this is starting to look more like an accident. It doesn't take too much imagination to put together the idea of kinky sex, and an accident - wouldn't be the first time. And in Thailand it's not very difficult to find a partner for such activities. So it's possible that there is a witness that may never be found.