Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Ideas for "Quieting" Steel Targets?

• 2 weeks later...

+ 3 on the Dynamat. You may also want to consider a "Rhino Lining" Spray on the back of the steel. I would suggest undercoating but it is messy. Rhino Lining will dry, leaving a rubbery coat and can be sprayed on to irregular surfaces.

Has anyone else had to take the ring out of steel targets. I have glued carpet to the backs but they still ring too much and the neighbors are annoyed by it. The club wants to be a good neighbor so we are working on it. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Move to Texas... buy the property next to me,,, we can build a bigger range..... And make all of the noise we want!!!!

I once lived in Mass,,,, but got here as soon as I could.

TEXAS

Jim M ammo

Funny - I am from Mass and want to buy land in Texas...

Paul

(sorry about the thread drift)

Edited by pmd

While the premise of this thread is odd I deal with the same issue. Gunfire is specifically legal and exempt from noise laws in VA. We also have a "Right to hunt' clause in our constitution. I know this my neighbors have called the law on me many times. Since hunting is constitutionally protected I do a hole lot of Ground hog hunting with my STI, I am just a really really bad shot. So in a nut shell, I can shoot a 338 win mag all day every day and be perfectly ok, but if a stereo or barking dog can be heard I would be in violation of the noise ordinance. So I wouls assume the neighbors have been told they cant complain about the gunfire noise so they are finding something else to complain about.