Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goal: 25 Straight

reneet

Congratulations Renee!

I grew up working at a trap & skeet club and really got into shooting skeet back then.

25 with a 12 ga is a great accomplishment, didn't do it as much as I would have liked. I have always been fascinated with the .410 and started shooting skeet with it.

I remember the day I broke 25 with the .410. Only did it once and never again but I sure remember it. Hopefully you will have many more!

Neal in AZ

I remember the first 25 straight I shot.. and it was a new hat too lol..

My first 50 straight was with two different gauges.. started with a 25 straight in 12, and then another 25 straight in 20.. the 12 was a Browning B-80, the 20 gauge was a remington 870. At the time I was shooting about 200 targets a week..

Grats on your first 25 in a row!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!! I hope this is the but the first of many more!

I recall when I shot my first 25 straight in trap. I was wearing a bandana like a "doo rag". The took it off my head, wrapped it around a few clays and tossed it in the air for the entire line to fire at. I still have it!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats Renee!!!!! That is awesome!

I haven't been shooting at all lately. Was honestly going to try tonight but to no avail.

You and I grew up through IPSC together so I find it interesting we've both found a ton of interest in the clays game. I have the same goal, but I'm not there yet. 23 is the most I've got, but you've inspired me. Hopefully this week I'll break a few clays and celebrate your same accomplishment soon!

Congrats! That is awesome!

Jack

First 25, was with 12 ga at a local fun "trophy shoot"

1st 100 28 ga at a very large NSSA shoot.

Followed it up like a week later with the 20 and 410 in an equally as large match.

12 Ga was like a month later at our Zone shoot.

Hat was shot for the first 25, and first 100.

Well, I was a bit behind Renee, but I FINALLY shot my first 25 straight in 12GA at the Toby Bancroft Memorial Gun Club during Day 2 of the Independence Open as part of a personal best 89. They shot my nice Guerini hat! :) I'm in Fort Worth, but maybe Renee will post a pic for me.

I think I was about 17 (30 years ago)when I broke my first 25 in trap, about a month later got my first 100 straight.

I didn't really start shooting skeet seriously till about 5 years ago, Had a harder time getting the first 25 straight. Could get 24 but the 25 took me several months. Funny thing was I broke my first 25 on a sunday morning then did it two more time's that day. Ended up with a 99-100.

The hard part is the 410, best I have done is 97-100. I think I ran a 50 then dropped three and finished with a 25, very windy day.

Here is the good part. did it with a set of Seminole "chambermates" out of my cynergy. You don't need to spend 1500 bucks on full length tubes to shoot sub gauge.

Have shot a lot of straights with the 28 Chambermates too.

Oh and Congrats on your first, I doubt you will ever forget it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been shooting trap now for just under 6 weeks and shot my first 25 straight my 3rd time out and it took me less than 250rds to get that achievement. I've had a bunch of 25s and 24s since then but I can't manage to put up a 50 straight so that is my goal for now and then on to 100 and 200 straight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...