Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotshell Press Recommendation

j1b

Be sure to change the rubber gromet and brass washer on the powder side of the charge bar of your MEC every two years or you may experience very light powder drops or no powder drop at all due to shifting of the gromet/bras washer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2022 at 6:45 AM, verla said:

Be sure to change the rubber gromet and brass washer on the powder side of the charge bar of your MEC every two years or you may experience very light powder drops or no powder drop at all due to shifting of the gromet/bras washer.

I know this is an old thread, so pardon the necro-post.

Long story short, I bought a Mec 9000G, used, off of Craig’s List about 15 years ago.  It had been sitting on my reloading shop floor up until last Thursday (3-24-2022) night.  Come to find out, it appears to be missing both the rubber gasket/grommet and the brass washer.

There is kind of a local reloading store that I went to on Friday.  The brass washers were in stock, but they had NO rubber grommets/gaskets.

😞

Sooo…via the ShotgunWorld forums, I am learning that there might be a better alternative:

B2DC7BC7-D736-4BCF-84BD-D458E12F09E5.thumb.jpeg.b016b5ab80b060618a9fdff40801dba9.jpeg

….