Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stuck case in Lee resize die

They make a stuck case removal tool. It is just a drill bit and a 1/4 20 tap, spacer and a 1/4 20 bolt. Drill and tap the stuck case (through the primer hole) then find some kind of spacer that will allow the bolt to push on one end and the other end needs to push on the die.

Then get a Dillon die. LOL  

Really, thats all there is to it. They can get stuck in anybodies die. Dillon dies are no different than any other when it comes to removing a stuck case. I rassled one all over the floor unsuccessfully before I found out about the case remover kit. I think the one I got was made by Redding, but I would make my own if I were to do it over.

I tried the solution on Lee's web site with no luck so I got frustrated,took the die apart, and pounded the case out with a drift punch and hammer.  i had to hit it hard too and had a hell of a time getting the die apart without box wrenches.  Lee warned against this route but the dies seems to still be working.

Drill and tap the primer pocket of the stuck case with a 13/64 or #7 drill and a 1/4-20 tap.  Use a 1/4 drive 13mm or 1/2 inch socket.  Drop a 1.5 inch 1/4-20 allen head cap screw through the drive end of the socket and thread the screw into the stuck case.  Tighten the allen screw down and the stuck case will be pulled up into the socket.