Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft: Caspian & biodegradable BB's

FranDoc

Does anyone have first-hand experience with Caspian-braded high-cap airsoft guns (there appear to be several on the market, by different manufacturers) or with the "biodegradable" BB's?

Does the gun have the same grip profile as a Caspian high-cap, or is it closer to a standard (single stack) 1911?

Do the BB's really degrade in 180 days?

Good or neutral comments to the open Forum.

If you've had an exceptionally bad experience with one of these guns or a particular vendor, best to let me know that via PM (prevent thread closure).

This is a question about HARDWARE, not about the utility or merits/drawbacks to airsoft.

Thanks.

Now for double stack guns there seems to be a clear and distinct leader. That is the TM hi-capa 5.1. I had the same questions as you and I did not want to spend money on junk so I started writing emails to builders and experienced airsoft shooters. There are two different issues in your post. 1) Do you want the airsoft to match the grip and feel of the real pistol you already have or 2) just have a name etched on the side.

I am in Hong Kong right now visiting family and I am picking up some airsoft stuff from Redwolf, Airsoft Surgeon, Dentrinity etc. I am buying double stack airsoft parts and pistols. Every one I have talked to about a pistols longevity, out of the box quality, accuracy, availablitity of OEM parts, ability to customize, and the quantity of aftermarket parts has steered me away from the WE 5.1 and the WA "infinity style" and recomended the TM 5.1.

One highly regarded custom builder in the US told me by email "I believe the best gun with the most parts available is the TokyoMarui 5.1. Western Arms SCW series are good, and probably better than TM in stock form. The problem is finding parts for them. Also, there are serveral different models in WA line up. Over the years they have changed. From Magna to scw 1, 2 and 3. So it can be very frustrating for new shooters." This being said, regardless of what it looks or feels like, will it hold to the rigors of a disciplined USPSA shooters training regiment. Do you want to buy a pistol you can't get parts for, then it just becomes a parts pistol because you bought another one.

If you have seen any radically cool custom built airsoft in open or limited, there is a very very high probability it has been built on the TM platform.

I have shot a WE, WA and TM. They all shot great. The WA and WE come with a metal slides and kick very hard. The WE 5.1 will be the cheapest to get into as far as money. These all would be great guns to start with and its not like they will fall apart in your hands or something. The TM seems to offer more as I grow into airsoft and want to get it more like my Limited rig. I plan on building a TM 5.1 exaclty like my brazos enhanced STI Edge. They make every thing (aftermarket) to build it with a TM.

I hope this helps you think about the research for your airsoft pistol

There are two different issues in your post. 1) Do you want the airsoft to match the grip and feel of the real pistol you already have or 2) just have a name etched on the side.

I think I can answer that one. Fran shoots a Caspian in Limited so I'd lay a dollar to a dime that she's after more than just the name and wants the airsoft to have the same grip width, feel, etc as her real Caspian does.