Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bomar parts?

M.E.Anglin

I don't know about parts, but I can tell you that the up and comer to challenge LPA is Champion Sights, now named KenSight. Dawson is really offering an alternative and darn good but as far as true Bomar style sights, but with the best production control and the art of knowing when not to use aluminum but use tool steel, this company can't be beat, all it takes is to buy a few and spec and measure, clicks are so crisp its scary - I don't work for them, in fact the person that has exclusive rights to distribute a competing sight, is a personal friend of mine (or was).

Champion has the potential to become a new standard, They have LPA and other dovetails beyond the Bomar dovetail offerings.

TY !

Jon

www.championgunsights.com/products.asp

Edited by jkushner1

I have a spare elevation screw and spring. Even though it came out of an older Bomar that had the windage screw break it should work. It's a long screw for those Bomars that you have to have the top of the slide drilled and tapped for the elevation screw. Also have the same set up for the Bomar's that have a thick base that has been drilled and tapped for the screw right in the base. Send me your address and I'll send either one to you.

Edited by DMS42

Read an article in American Handgunner about their going out of business.

It stated they would continue to supply replacement parts.

It said to correspond with:

Bo-Mar Company

6136 State Highway 300

Longview, Texas 75604

Might be worth a letter or looking up a phone no. Good Luck!

Edited by Triggerbender

I have a spare elevation screw and spring. Even though it came out of an older Bomar that had the windage screw break it should work. It's a long screw for those Bomars that you have to have the top of the slide drilled and tapped for the elevation screw. Also have the same set up for the Bomar's that have a thick base that has been drilled and tapped for the screw right in the base. Send me your address and I'll send either one to you.

thanks pm sent

Read an article in American Handgunner about their going out of business.

It stated they would continue to supply replacement parts.

It said to correspond with:

Bo-Mar Company

6136 State Highway 300

Longview, Texas 75604

Might be worth a letter or looking up a phone no. Good Luck!

worth a shoot thanks..