Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shock buffer

L-10_shooter

I have been thinking about getting a shock buffer for my G35 shooting major power factor. For those of you that have used them, do they change the way the gun handles, prolongs the life of the frame, reduces recoil? Any info and/or experiences would be apreciated.

I have been thinking about getting a shock buffer for my G35 shooting major power factor. For those of you that have used them, do they change the way the gun handles, prolongs the life of the frame, reduces recoil? Any info and/or experiences would be apreciated.

I use a buffer on my 35 together with a non captured tungsten guide rod and 15 pound spring and I think that it reduces recoil. At the very least this combination of buffer/heavy guide rod and lighter spring definitely leads to a quicker and smoother cycle........but then again this just might be psychological. You are just going to have try it for yourself.

Puma

Pumagsd@yahoo.com

Miami, FL.

yeah waste of time and if you have a gun that's reliable and want it to start having problems, throw in a shock-buff. I know my 1911 was very reliable UNTIL came a shock-buff, sure made it jam mag after mag. For a Glock??? ha

There is nothing wrong with shok-buffs. They are just like a recoil spring, or any other part on your gun for that matter ... you cant let it go for 50,000 rounds without changing it, or at the very least checking it once in a while. :rolleyes:

I use a shok-buff on all my guns, and I dont have any jams. My gun runs fast, flat, and very soft.

I dont think I would use one on a Glock, but to each his own. Let the guy try one if he wants to.

the glock pistol needs every bit of its slide stroke for reliable function. shorten it with a buff and you will eventually run into problems. especially after the mag springs weaken.

Harmon

I have used the shok buff designed for Glocks that fits on the front bottom of the slide where the spring fits in--if anyone makes a 1911 shok buff that fits on the base of the recoild spring guide rod I haven't found it. FYI, the above king (I think made by Buffer Tech) cracked in very short order--they're hard plastic, much harder than a Wilson 1911 Shok-Buf.