Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Blown Disc

Mine was a bit lower in the back but after months of being bedridden and on Hydrocodone, it was great to get things taken care of. The meds messed up my ability to think well and I never appreciated the ability to walk until I lost it.

Sorry to hear it's messing up your work. Please consider things you can do that you always wanted to. Read Brian's book again, watch a few Matt Burkett videos. :)

Leam

Mine was a bit lower in the back but after months of being bedridden and on Hydrocodone, it was great to get things taken care of. The meds messed up my ability to think well and I never appreciated the ability to walk until I lost it.

+1. I had back surgery in late November. Doing MUCH better now. Rehab is the key - and many do it wrong IMO - including many PT's.

I found a top PT who specializes in backs at my gym. He has helped me tremendously and made me understand the dangerous advice that many PT's give. Hint - do not do crunches if you have lumbar spine issues.

Here is THE book on back rehab: Low Back Disorders and Treatment

The book is very technical because it's written for healthcare providers - but has great exercise and rehab suggestions.

+1. I had back surgery in late November. Doing MUCH better now. Rehab is the key - and many do it wrong IMO - including many PT's.

I found a top PT who specializes in backs at my gym. He has helped me tremendously and made me understand the dangerous advice that many PT's give. Hint - do not do crunches if you have lumbar spine issues.

Here is THE book on back rehab: Low Back Disorders and Treatment

The book is very technical because it's written for healthcare providers - but has great exercise and rehab suggestions.

:cheers: Great advice from chp5.....I'm a chiropractor and completely agree. Rehab is paramount if you want your surgery to do you any good. Find a good PT and follow his/her instructions. IMHO inversion tables are good in theory, but to achieve maximum results you need a traction table to do traction with the proper angle(The angle varies depending on what disc you want to traction the most). On the other hand, they are WAY cheaper and you can do it at your own convenience so they do have some appeal. If you decide to use one Frank just please don't do sit-ups while using it. (That clown on TV that sells "Teeter Hang-ups" makes me cringe :sick: ...the last thing you want to do to an acute ruptured disc while in traction is any twisting or sit-ups/crunches!)