Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready for first actual USPSA match

G22

I recently got introduced to the shooting sport by a friend (belive he is a M in open and limited) I workerd with and he took me to a local match here in longview. He was nice enough to let me shoot his Glock 34 due to the fact I did not have a gun to shoot. It didnt take me long to relize how much I liked it. I then used my brothers gun to shoot a USPSA club match in tyler which by the way I did realy bad (24%) :sick: . Now a year later I have bought a Glock 22 and hae been going to the local matches wich are pretty much steel and IDPA and have been training with him a lot. Next month I am going to shoot my first actual USPSA match. For a lot of people they are like no big deal but I am excited due to all the peole in the Longview area that hae helped me in that last year, and all the hard work I have put into it. So I would like to thank Harmon Greer for all the help and advice he has gave me, even though he was like a catholic school teacher at times. Wish me luck! :cheers:

I recently got introduced to the shooting sport by a friend (belive he is a M in open and limited) I workerd with and he took me to a local match here in longview. He was nice enough to let me shoot his Glock 34 due to the fact I did not have a gun to shoot. It didnt take me long to relize how much I liked it. I then used my brothers gun to shoot a USPSA club match in tyler which by the way I did realy bad (24%) :sick: . Now a year later I have bought a Glock 22 and hae been going to the local matches wich are pretty much steel and IDPA and have been training with him a lot. Next month I am going to shoot my first actual USPSA match. For a lot of people they are like no big deal but I am excited due to all the peole in the Longview area that hae helped me in that last year, and all the hard work I have put into it. So I would like to thank Harmon Greer for all the help and advice he has gave me, even though he was like a catholic school teacher at times. Wish me luck! :cheers:

Good luck. Just be careful. You might get addicted, purchase multiple open guns and a super 1050 reloader... :)

I've shot with Harmon quite a bit and I'm sure you'll be prepared for the match. Are you shooting at Tyler? Thats a good relaxed bunch and you'll have fun I'm sure. Stay safe, watch your sights and tag along with an experienced shooter if you can. Good luck !

I've shot with Harmon quite a bit and I'm sure you'll be prepared for the match. Are you shooting at Tyler? Thats a good relaxed bunch and you'll have fun I'm sure. Stay safe, watch your sights and tag along with an experienced shooter if you can. Good luck !

+1 to that. Introduce yourself at Tyler. I'm the guy with the pretty wife who has the Brazos open gun. :)

I was shooting last weekend with some nice guys... I'm not all that, but I have a higher skill level then the guys on my squad. What I found is the guys did pretty well who shot before I did. Then after they saw me shoot, they tried to pick up the pace and started throwing mikes and bad hit. I decided to give one cool cat a few words to see if I could get him back on track. We spoke about his pouch and gun position... He was in the hole and I walked over to him and asked if he had the COF down... he said he did. I nodded at him and said, "When you walk up to that line I want you to take a few deep breaths and relax and then I want you to think front sight front sight front sight... until you hear that beep." He nods gets up there and shot the damn thing like an A class shooter. His hits were all right there and he was even shooting on the move. We high fived at the end of his run... I think I was more excited to help the guy than I was with my shooting. :) Something about helping someone and getting that instant feedback.

Edited by JThompson

Yes I'm going to Tyler. I Know a few people there from shooting matches in longview, but thats about it. Im gonna try and find somebody that will let me tag along and hopefully give me some more advise.

Yes I'm going to Tyler. I Know a few people there from shooting matches in longview, but thats about it. Im gonna try and find somebody that will let me tag along and hopefully give me some more advise.

We want details when you get back. ;)