Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos limited gun

lugnut

I've tried a friend's that has the short dust cover. I love the way it shoots/handles.... plus, I don't really like the looks of the full dust cover. What do you guys prefer? I can always add a tungsten GR if I need the add'l weight. FWIW I'm using a G35 in limited now...so either will seem just great for me.

Thanks

I've got one of Bob's guns with the shorter dustcover. It has both a steel and a tungsten guide rod. It feels much like a full dustcover gun with the tungsten rod shooting major. Put in the steel guiderod and it will make a great limited minor or steel gun that will handle and transition very quickly.

I've tried a friend's that has the short dust cover. I love the way it shoots/handles.... plus, I don't really like the looks of the full dust cover. What do you guys prefer? I can always add a tungsten GR if I need the add'l weight. FWIW I'm using a G35 in limited now...so either will seem just great for me.

Thanks

Oh 5" for sure.

I went from a Glock 35 to a Brazo full dust cover. I loved it. Two of my friends had the partial covers and it seemed like the recoil was a little more noticable. This was with a steel guide rod. We never compared with the tungston but it should be better. I now have a Brazo 6" bushing, partial dust cover and cannot think about going back to the 5". t weighs less than the 5" by 1 oz and is great.

Hello: I like the looks and feel of the short dust cover. It is up to you whether you like a bull or bushing barrel. These are 2 of mine I built. The top one has a bull barrel and was made out of used parts bought on this sight. It is very tight but needs a couple of other parts before I shoot it. The bottom one was my first pistol I built and have shot it alot in IDPA and USPSA. After I try the bull barreled pistol I will then decide if I like it or the bushing barrel more. Then I will fit either a bushing or bull to the other pistol. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-1241895604_thumb.jpg

Personally, a long dust cover, heavy slide limited gun feels like a brick. My 5" and 6" guns both weigh 35 ounces. My wife's 6" gun, with no slide lightening is 38 ounces.

Dave, I offered to let you try them both. :P Don't forget that Pete also shoots an Open gun, they're heavier than most limited guns now.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Out of all the 5" guns I've owned, or shot, what worked best for me, with major loads, was the short dust cover with a bull barrel.

Now that I've been shooting a 6" for limited, I wouldn't go back to a 5" gun.

Now, if i could just use a 6" for IDPA...... :lol:

I prefer short and light.

Went from this as built by Tim Bacus:

c2b9985f.jpg

To this after rebuilding/modifying by Kevin Greeley:

3gunguns10.jpg

3gunguns1.jpg

I'm using a different mag well now and a plain black front sight. Short and light is much better for me.

It shoot very flat for me.