Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP Mk 1 - What Mods and accessories for 3-gun?

If you would like a 1 to 2 point sling system for the SLP, we just came out with one. Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmericanFirearmsSolutionsLLC

We currently use the Magpul ASAP as our primary sling mount, but other sling mount options are available upon request. And we are working on a QD mount for the shotgun that mounts in the same way. This is a great addition to any SLP for competition use and can be left on when not needed as it barely adds any material to the stock.

Please e-mail Daniel Riordan at daniel.patrick.riordan@gmail.com for details and any questions you may have.

post-31587-0-85143200-1338726766_thumb.j

post-31587-0-01688800-1338726774_thumb.j

post-31587-0-57245700-1338726780_thumb.j

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
On 11/4/2010 at 11:39 AM, Wormydog1724 said:

How do you feel about putting a Burris fastfire II on it? I've seen the guy with the eotech and I tried to put my ACOG on it just for s#!ts but the weaver rail doesn't work. I think the Burris fastfires mount would be low enough that a cheek weld wouldn't be an issue. I know it would put me in open class but still it might be fun to try. Anybody?

Old thread but new info.

I thought the same thing and wanted to do this too.

Burris's fastfire mount will NOT fit this rail.

Burris lists it as a "Weaver/Picatinny" mount but there is no way this will fit weaver. Burris customer service said "we've never made anything to fit weaver".

The cross pin is to large for weaver slots .125 slot  vs .147 pin
And the weaver dovetail groove is deeper, meaning the picatinny dovetail clamping surfaces do not mate properly.
I've looked into this and contacted many manufacturers even EGW but this 20 year old weaver rail just has no adapter or mount option to fit reflex sights.

53 minutes ago, sierra77mk said:

Old thread but new info.

I thought the same thing and wanted to do this too.

Burris's fastfire mount will NOT fit this rail.

Burris lists it as a "Weaver/Picatinny" mount but there is no way this will fit weaver. Burris customer service said "we've never made anything to fit weaver".

The cross pin is to large for weaver slots .125 slot  vs .147 pin
And the weaver dovetail groove is deeper, meaning the picatinny dovetail clamping surfaces do not mate properly.
I've looked into this and contacted many manufacturers even EGW but this 20 year old weaver rail just has no adapter or mount option to fit reflex sights.

Would widening the slots work? I have had to do that on something but, I can't remember what 

It might with some mounts but I think the center of the dovetail groove is deeper (farther down from the top of the rail surface than picatinny.

So a proper "conversion" of the rail would mean removing material from the top surface to lower the mount so it clamps up better in the dovetail.