Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1 Minute Between PMs?

I know there are a lot of us who PM back and forth a lot... Also some of the dealers talk with potential buyers. It's a pain in the ass to have to wait for a minute in between PM. Does anyone else find this a nuisance?

Was there some sort of problem that prompted this action?

Sounds like the forum default.

I don't know if it can be changed or not.

Flex,

It used to be less, like 15-20 secs. I noticed this change about a month ago... maybe some sort of spam thing to keep the traffic down? I'd appreciate it if you could check it out... something is different.

Edited by JThompson

I know there are a lot of us who PM back and forth a lot... Also some of the dealers talk with potential buyers. It's a pain in the ass to have to wait for a minute in between PM. Does anyone else find this a nuisance?

Write more --- it's personal messenger, not instant messenger....... :roflol: :roflol:

or take the conversation to IMs......

Write more --- it's personal messenger, not instant messenger....... :roflol: :roflol:

or take the conversation to IMs......

Some days I come in and have 10 PMs sitting there. It would be easy to knock them all out in short order, but with the 1min thing there it's a real pain Nik. About the IM... I do that when i can, but a lot of the old salts don't use it. :P

Best,

JT

EDIT: If something can be changed it would be nice... if not, so be it. I just didn't know if you guys were conscious of it and that it had recently become longer in duration.

J

Edited by JThompson

That was a recent upgrade that was HIGHLY recommended by InvisionPower. Apparently there was a rash of spammer/forum "members" that were trashing forums with a software that could generate mass volumes of PM's that would "break" a forums. So I installed it. They recommended a 2 or more minute interval, but I set it to 1.

be

That was a recent upgrade that was HIGHLY recommended by InvisionPower. Apparently there was a rash of spammer/forum "members" that were trashing forums with a software that could generate mass volumes of PM's that would "break" a forums. So I installed it. They recommended a 2 or more minute interval, but I set it to 1.

be

Thanks for the info... Are they making a patch to stop the malicious software, or is that it?

Edited by JThompson

be

Thanks for the info... Are they making a patch to stop the malicious software, or is that it?

That is the fix. As far as I know at this point anyway.

If you need to send more than 1 PM/minute, then maybe you could get in a little dry-firing between PMs!

:lol:

be

That is the fix. As far as I know at this point anyway.

If you need to send more than 1 PM/minute, then maybe you could get in a little dry-firing between PMs!

:lol:

:devil: Evil Enos :devil:

:goof:

yeah that is called flood control it is there so that not too many people search at one time and too often it will slow the site down. It can be changed from any ammoun tof time from 0 seconds to 1 min. but weather or not they want to change that is diffrent,. I run a couple forums and all use this same software I keep pm's and searches at 20 seconds to help keep things running smoothly

Dry fire pratice!!! We all need that...I heard eight people say that on three different squads at A6! The rest could use that time to re-read (or read probably) the preface in the USPSA rule book where it mellifluously combines the words 'voluntary participatory sport'. Great bar bet; Name a rule that is NOT numbered?

Dry fire pratice!!! We all need that...I heard eight people say that on three different squads at A6! The rest could use that time to re-read (or read probably) the preface in the USPSA rule book where it mellifluously combines the words 'voluntary participatory sport'. Great bar bet; Name a rule that is NOT numbered?

"Don't scare the RO"?

yeah that is called flood control it is there so that not too many people search at one time and too often it will slow the site down. It can be changed from any ammoun tof time from 0 seconds to 1 min. but weather or not they want to change that is diffrent,. I run a couple forums and all use this same software I keep pm's and searches at 20 seconds to help keep things running smoothly

There ye go - thanks!

be