Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

" "I asked him what his muzzle velocity was and he said it was about thirty five thousand fps. Not hundred, thousand! " "

that's some of the new powder there making at area 51 !!

My bullets go .6 past light speed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell am I the only one who's local dealer will actually nut up and shut up if he doesnt know what he is talking about?

Speaking of that he always quizs me about everything I get shipped in (knows I shoot competition) wants to know why I like them and every thing. Funnier thing is the next time I go in he usually has one in his glass counter. He says man I just couldnt resist I wanted one.

Plus side He now stocks all my reloading supplies :))))

Hell am I the only one who's local dealer will actually nut up and shut up if he doesnt know what he is talking about?

Speaking of that he always quizs me about everything I get shipped in (knows I shoot competition) wants to know why I like them and every thing. Funnier thing is the next time I go in he usually has one in his glass counter. He says man I just couldnt resist I wanted one.

Nope, mine is willing to say "I don't know but I will try and find out for you"

He fondles my new guns when they come in but has no market for them so.....

Nope, mine is willing to say "I don't know but I will try and find out for you"

He fondles my new guns when they come in but has no market for them so.....

Sounds familiar. I have a couple of people at my LGS who refer all Cowboy Action Shooting Questions to me, even if the customer has to call me. Now, others in the store :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Walked into a gun store last week to hear the guy behind the counter telling a customer that all bonded bullets had been banned. He went on to say that a bunch of surgeons had got together and went to the surgeon general's office and asked for them to be banned. When the customer asked why, he said that when they were operating on someone that had been shot with one that they were so sharp that they were cutting their gloves. So they banned them, just like that. I turned around and walked out.

I work at the NICS counter at Cabela's, I handle all the legal work and background checks to process all the purchases. The other day, I heard something from the counter that still has me wondering what these sales guys tell new customers. The gentleman had just purchased a Savage .308 bolt action, we also sold him a scope, bag, etc. While we were packing it up for our vault, he asked the salesmen about functional range.

Counter guy: This is a superb long range weapon.

Customer: But how long a range? I'm worried it may not reach the end of the club I shoot at.

Counter guy: How long a range?

Customer: One hundred yards.

Counter guy: ...It should reach.

I'd have preferred if some one warned the guy that this thing reaches a thousand...

I work at the NICS counter at Cabela's, I handle all the legal work and background checks to process all the purchases. The other day, I heard something from the counter that still has me wondering what these sales guys tell new customers. The gentleman had just purchased a Savage .308 bolt action, we also sold him a scope, bag, etc. While we were packing it up for our vault, he asked the salesmen about functional range.

Customer: But how long a range? I'm worried it may not reach the end of the club I shoot at.

I'd have preferred if some one warned the guy that this thing reaches a thousand...

Look on the bright side, he wasn't wrong! It should reach 100 yards! :roflol:

Look on the bright side, he wasn't wrong! It should reach 100 yards! :roflol:

One can reach the 200 yards berm at any outdoor range with pretty much any firearm.

And this guy buys a .308? Oy Vey.

Edit: I meant 200 yards, not 100.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Yeah, but nobody is going to respect you at the water cooler when you tell them you went and bought a 22 over the weekend.

I don't even talk guns at work. I've learned you shouldn't, except with a couple like-minded dudes.

Now my turn. I'm in wally world a few months back standing in line at the sporting goods counter behind an older gentleman, we'll call him Bob and the high school aged employee we'll call Timmy.

Bob: do you have any 22's?

Timmy: I've got just the thing for you! (Pulls out a clear plastic box of #12 shot 22 loads)

Bob: how many is in that box?

Timmy: 12. See here? It says 12 shot right on the box.

(Silence as Bob does some quick basic math)

Bob: are you sure? Looks like 10 rows of 10 bullets in there, that comes to 100 shots.

Timmy: oh, silly me, I forgot! See those little beads in the bullets? There's 12 in each one, so you get 12 shots per bullet before you reload. (Timmy does some slow basic math) so it's like your actually getting 1200 bullets for 10 bucks! Dont know why we even sell these boxes of 500 for $25 at that rate.....

I don't know how the story ended, I had to run to the bathroom before I pissed myself laughing.

• 4 weeks later...

Modern version of a . 38 Special Semi Auto revolver = Mateba.

was even more ammunition sensitive than the Smith and Wesson 52 (38 Spl Semi auto)

I've shot both, and that about sums it up. . . nothing spectacular but there you are.

P.S.

I'm the a**hole the goes into guns stores and asks for Trounds for my revolver just for fun.