Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

Back when we had to take deer to the local shop to register our kill:

A gentleman we supposed was Middle Eastern came to our shop on opening day and excitedly walked in asking us, in broken English, to come outside and see his very nice kill. We of course did, genuinely interested in everyone's good fortune. He dropped the tailgate and revealed a very nice, tan, well horned Billy goat. We were all falling into each other, crying, peeing ourselves when he drove off.

That was more than 20 years ago and I still laugh.

My grandfather used to lose a cow or horse (or both, or more) every deer season. One year he took a bucket of yellow paint and painted "COW" on all his cows and "HORSE" on all his horses. At the end of deer season he hadn't lost a single animal.

But his tractor was full of holes. :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I know where you may have been... had the pleasure of being in a shooting bay next to people doing the same thing... Talk about a concussion in an indoor range.

I love the people that unload at full speed at 3~5 yards and miss the paper...

Lol are you guys in So CA?

If so there's only one place this could have happened smile.gif

We are in the southwest.... of Ohio.

Target World it is then. That place sucks.

It's completely true. Haven't you heard of all the fatalities that happen when people accidentally smash their thumbs with a hammer? The shock wave blows their heads clean off.

I did this recent and i think my head came off and I almost lost control of my bladder because it that.

Wandered into a small local shop several years ago looking for a shotgun. They had a pretty good selection and I asked to see a pretty nice used 1100. Now I knew going in the owner was hard to get along with, but when he responded with, "are you gonna buy it" in a tone of voice I didn't really appreciate I just said "not now" and walked out. Jackass, I had cash in my pocket.

• 3 weeks later...

Wandered into a small local shop several years ago looking for a shotgun. They had a pretty good selection and I asked to see a pretty nice used 1100. Now I knew going in the owner was hard to get along with, but when he responded with, "are you gonna buy it" in a tone of voice I didn't really appreciate I just said "not now" and walked out. Jackass, I had cash in my pocket.

You obviously were not in my favorite gun shop of all time - The Pistol Parlour.

You obviously were not in my favorite gun shop of all time - The Pistol Parlour.

I don't know, I went to Pistol Parlour to try and find a CZ compact. I asked if they had any compact CZs in a steel frame, he handed me an aluminum framed model, and he was rather snippy after letting him know. Not a good (only) experience there.

Edited by Haraise

So, I go into the G. Mt store up the road and Finally get waited on. I ask if they have any Hornady 1 shot? Guy looks at me and says, "O.K. pretend I'm stupid" (my son standing behind me whispers, "pretend?????") Guy says, "We sell lots of that, you want hollow points or regular?" Now I'm trying to keep it together with my son's commentary. (get hollow points dad!, I hear they need help over at McDonalds, etc) I tell him regular, since it's LUBE! He says to stop at the counter on the way out and the girl will order it for pickup "off the internet" cause "we can't seem to carry enough stuff for you reloading guys". Yikes. I came home and ordered it me-self....

So, I go into the G. Mt store up the road and Finally get waited on. I ask if they have any Hornady 1 shot? Guy looks at me and says, "O.K. pretend I'm stupid" (my son standing behind me whispers, "pretend?????") Guy says, "We sell lots of that, you want hollow points or regular?" Now I'm trying to keep it together with my son's commentary. (get hollow points dad!, I hear they need help over at McDonalds, etc) I tell him regular, since it's LUBE! He says to stop at the counter on the way out and the girl will order it for pickup "off the internet" cause "we can't seem to carry enough stuff for you reloading guys". Yikes. I came home and ordered it me-self....

Gun shops do not like either reloaders or competitive shooters.

My local gun shop once was selling ALL of their reloading supplies at low cost and they told me they were not going to sell any more, stating that "reloading was a waste of time".

Gun shops do not like either reloaders or competitive shooters.

My local gun shop once was selling ALL of their reloading supplies at low cost and they told me they were not going to sell any more, stating that "reloading was a waste of time".

AJI?

I know for a fact that 9X18 loaded to 9mm minor will almost cycle a Glock 17 and stove pipe.

I know that one round of 9x21 brass mixed in with your 9x19 brass will jam up a Glock. Especially after you hit the back of the slide a couple of times thinking thinking that the round just didn't seat. Good thing I was shooting from behind a barricade at the time. It doesn't hurt a Glock to beat the muzzle against a barricade. ;)

I know for a fact that 9X18 loaded to 9mm minor will almost cycle a Glock 17 and stove pipe.

I know that one round of 9x21 brass mixed in with your 9x19 brass will jam up a Glock. Especially after you hit the back of the slide a couple of times thinking thinking that the round just didn't seat. Good thing I was shooting from behind a barricade at the time. It doesn't hurt a Glock to beat the muzzle against a barricade. ;)

I think they like that shit. :)

Dammit, Brian, it's three weeks to the nationals and my G34's are giving me fits. Now I have this horrible image of Ah-nald grinning at me with blood running down his face, saying, "Jah, jah! Dat vas a gut one! Do eet again!"...

:^D

I wonder how many '1000 yard shots' were actually made at 200 yards? People need to back off 1000 yards and look at a person or a car or a stop sign (if you can see it) before they run off with the brags.

1000 yards is not just around the corner, it is 3/5 of a mile! Yup over half a mile. drive half a mile down your street. stop and look at your mailbox. It is larger than a prairie dog, tell me you can see it and then that you can dope it with irons.

Won't say it can't happen, but one can also win the lottery.

We have a 16" plate at 500 yds at our local range. Can't tell you how many times I have overheard some yahoo at a nearby bench telling his buddy "yeah, I just hit that thousand yard gong". Sometimes I just hand them my range finder without saying a word.... Sometimes I don't bother.

I had a guy telling me how much he loved the 6.5/06 Improved that I built for him. He told me his handloads shot so flat that with a 100yd zero he didn't need any holdover 'til he shot past 600 yards. I asked him what his muzzle velocity was and he said it was about thirty five thousand fps. Not hundred, thousand!

We have a 16" plate at 500 yds at our local range. Can't tell you how many times I have overheard some yahoo at a nearby bench telling his buddy "yeah, I just hit that thousand yard gong". Sometimes I just hand them my range finder without saying a word.... Sometimes I don't bother.

I had a guy telling me how much he loved the 6.5/06 Improved that I built for him. He told me his handloads shot so flat that with a 100yd zero he didn't need any holdover 'til he shot past 600 yards. I asked him what his muzzle velocity was and he said it was about thirty five thousand fps. Not hundred, thousand!

:goof: