Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

That reminds me, I was parked outside of a ____Tactical store a few weeks ago. I saw someone walk past my car who was open carrying a HiPoint in a nylon holster. I almost died laughing. I know open carry is legal in this state but if that's what he wants to carry then he should consider concealed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me, I was parked outside of a ____Tactical store a few weeks ago. I saw someone walk past my car who was open carrying a HiPoint in a nylon holster. I almost died laughing. I know open carry is legal in this state but if that's what he wants to carry then he should consider concealed.

Try teaching CCW classes, you would be amazed at what people bring in intending to use as a carry gun.

I do teach Ccdw classes and it is amazing. The usual characters are the guy with the pos antique c&r gun such as the 7.62 nagant cz52 etc. Then you have the lady who has never shot before and is scared of the gun. I had to stop one as her keltec would jump so much it ended up sweeping her head. Then the best is the blowhole who there is always at least one of in the class who talks a big game about his skills with a gun and must be the worst endowed in the class as he brings out the biggest cannon he can find to qualify with and usually shoots a pattern on his target.

On the knob creek I did notice the 500 last time I was there as well I believe he had extra ammo on the holster. You forgot you have to blouse your pants to really for in with the security fokes

Another good one is the little old lady that shows up with a S&W Airweight and a box of +p ammo that the gun shop sold her. Most of the time they don't even have the hand strength to fire it DA, and when you show them how to fire it SA it kicks the crap out of them. I live in a rural area so I also get a lot of farmers with single action .22s or rusty old .38s. Not to mention the previously mentioned High-Points, Lorcens, ect. I have yet to see a High-point make it through a entire mag without a malfunction. I always have Buckmark and a couple of 9mm Glocks on hand as loaners so they can at least get through the class.

I've seen some really cool stuff too though. A elderly gentlemen, who has been a family friend for many years, brought in a 1911 his dad brought back from WWI. It was manufactured in 1913 and to my untrained eye probably had about 75% of its original finish. Of course it wasn't his carry gun, he brought it as a show and tell piece because he knew I would appreciate it. We ran a couple of mags through it and it still shot great. Another guy brought in a old S&W Triple Lock that, except for a little holster wear, looked brand new. The action was like butter, they don't make them like that anymore.

From behind the counter.

Got a call phone a man trying to find his way to the shop. After the third go at "take the X exit, turn south and turn right at the next lights we are right on the corner. Big Red Building etc etc"

Finally he asked, "exactly where are you?."

Reply, "behind the counter on the phone!!"

He missed that completely.

He did actually get here.

I get a lot of hi points in my classes too. I have yet to have one make it the 50 round course without crappy on itself. Most of them get the point by the end of the day that they should get something else if they are serious about defending themselves.

The guy that set beside me in my carry class was a true "gangsta" he assured me. Was talking about how many caps he popped every night and how he needed to get a permit in case he got heat from the fuzz. He lived in the backwoods of TN and he assured me that there was tons of "banging" going on in his 1 red light town. He rented a 22 to test with because he was afraid they would link his gun back to some "G shit" he had done. He had it turned sideways when he shot and everything I had no doubt this guy was "solja" like he claimed. He shot the first 10 rounds and said that he was shooting so fast that the bullets were hitting each other in the barrel. Our instructor took the gun away and issued him a refund along with a business card for another instructor. I still get a good laugh out of it.

Edited by Travtastik

• 4 weeks later...

At a local pawn shop the other day, I was looking at the pistols in the case along with some other guys. One gentleman was looking at a G22 or G23 (can't remember which) and noticed the hole in the frame behind the magwell.

"There ain't anything that goes here?" he asks the clerk.

"Nope. Well they make a plug, but I wouldn't advise using it."

"Why not?" I ask, since I have a Zev Magwell on my Glock.

"When the gun fires some of the air actually goes out that hole. If you put the plug in it, it can cause the gun to jam up. You can put one in there, but it can cause you some serious issues."

I didn't even try to enlighten the poor fool.

At a local pawn shop the other day, I was looking at the pistols in the case along with some other guys. One gentleman was looking at a G22 or G23 (can't remember which) and noticed the hole in the frame behind the magwell.

"There ain't anything that goes here?" he asks the clerk.

"Nope. Well they make a plug, but I wouldn't advise using it."

"Why not?" I ask, since I have a Zev Magwell on my Glock.

"When the gun fires some of the air actually goes out that hole. If you put the plug in it, it can cause the gun to jam up. You can put one in there, but it can cause you some serious issues."

I didn't even try to enlighten the poor fool.

So he thinks that Glocks fart? :roflol:

I was telling a buddy about the guns that showed up at a practice day, and mentioned that I shot a Glock 26 or 27 (little carry gun in .40) Didn't remember the model #. He says, "yep, that's the one that can go through the airport metal detector cause the barrel is made out of porcelain." No, wait. I'm pretty sure he's not an expert...

• 4 months later...

Heard a new one yesterday...

Customer is checking out a Ruger LCR revolver, asks what is ".38 SPL +P"

Clerk says, "That is an entirely different round than 38 special. We don't sell a lot of these revolvers because they take different ammo and the ammo is so hard to find."

I ran to the local indoor range to for a quick lunch session a few weeks ago and two Fed LEOs took the lane next to me today practice for qualifications. The first string was from the holster take two shots into the target placed at three yards in three seconds. The first guy shoots his two and the second shot was about 12 inches down and right from the center scoring zone.
The guy who seems to be the instructor looks at the bad hit and declares that the other guy must have not cleaned his gun well enough since last time.

Was at Cabela's yesterday looking at the overpriced reloading gear for a part. Guy walks up saying he was new to reloading asking if I reload. I said yes I do, mainly pistol. Then another guy walks up and proceeds to tell us he also reloads and loads 30.06 to 5,500 FPS and it has no drop at 500 yds. I calmly walk over and grab the nearest reloading manual and tell him to read it before he buys or loads anything. I also pointed him to these forums because I've learned so much. I then just walked away.

At a local shop/range I had them test the trigger pull weight of my Limited gun. They pull out the gauge and test it out and confirm that it is 2lbs. The clerk hands me my gun back and says “Its not safe to have a trigger less than 3lbs because the weight of the trigger its self it can pull the trigger back during recoil and it will go full auto on you”. I smile and say “Perfect, just what I was looking for!!!”.

This was the same guy that I heard telling another customer that he could shoot 1 inch “Double Taps” at 30 yards with his Glock while on the move because you need to take head shots some times when the $hit hits the fan. Suuuuuuure Buddy!!!

Hhhhmmm…. I wonder why he can barely keep a 10 inch group at 15 yards the few times I have seen him shoot??? Maybe the $hit hasn’t hit the fan yet :rolleyes:

I'm guessing he's a Glock fan and the bullshit has hit the fan.