Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

Good old TW....oh the stories.

Contact Vance directly and he will ship direct to you. At least he used to.

TW would probably make a pretty interesting thread on it's own.

Do you have contact info for Vance?

there is a shooter on here that works at Vance's in Columbus. Shoot him a PM. Goes by shooter995

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old TW....oh the stories.

Contact Vance directly and he will ship direct to you. At least he used to.

TW would probably make a pretty interesting thread on it's own.

Do you have contact info for Vance?

there is a shooter on here that works at Vance's in Columbus. Shoot him a PM. Goes by shooter995

Thanks. I didn't realize they were the same Vance.

Edited by fyresq

Ok , you OH guys, iam from Ky. And a few weeks ago I was in that shop that you are taking about, 3 of us went in to shoot, we had range bags and probally over $15,000 in guns with use, they treated us like we never shot a gun before standing over us like they were ready to grab the pistol out of our hands ??? I really don't see how that place stays in business treating customers like they do. And on top of it all, I asked if I can have my brass back ( 38 SC) one guy said yes. But what I didn't know was as I was shooting another guy that I couldn't see standing on the other side of the guy guarding me was sweeping it up as fast as it was coming out of our guns....WTF ?? The time we paid for to shoot and have a good time was pure torture and they distracted us too. I guess we were the stranger they don't like to see.....lol

Went to a range/gun store in WPB years ago, they said I had to buy my ammo from their store to shoot in their range, cause too many people had blown up guns using reloaded ammo (they had a couple of destroyed examples screwed down to the counter). I said fine...got any 38 Super that will run major at a USPSA match? They didn't even have any factory 38 super....And no, they still wouldn't let me shoot my own...

Ok , you OH guys, iam from Ky. And a few weeks ago I was in that shop that you are taking about, 3 of us went in to shoot, we had range bags and probally over $15,000 in guns with use, they treated us like we never shot a gun before standing over us like they were ready to grab the pistol out of our hands ??? I really don't see how that place stays in business treating customers like they do. And on top of it all, I asked if I can have my brass back ( 38 SC) one guy said yes. But what I didn't know was as I was shooting another guy that I couldn't see standing on the other side of the guy guarding me was sweeping it up as fast as it was coming out of our guns....WTF ?? The time we paid for to shoot and have a good time was pure torture and they distracted us too. I guess we were the stranger they don't like to see.....lol

Next time you get the urge call POINT BLANK in Blue Ash. It's pretty close to TW actually. Nice facility, longer bays, and I shoot with somebody who works there. Really nice store as well!

I will never understand what being employed by a gun store turns you into a huge jerk. I think it is pretty much universal. There is a shop here in Montgomery that could easily be the one you guys are talking about but without the range. But, if you ever need a ziplock bag of 20 lake city .223 and have $30 to blow I guess they are the place to go. Sadly at one point I did give them $60 for 1k CCI small pistol primers and of couse the guy acted like I asked to borrow his wife when he got them out of the case.

I will never understand what being employed by a gun store turns you into a huge jerk. I think it is pretty much universal. There is a shop here in Montgomery that could easily be the one you guys are talking about but without the range. But, if you ever need a ziplock bag of 20 lake city .223 and have $30 to blow I guess they are the place to go. Sadly at one point I did give them $60 for 1k CCI small pistol primers and of couse the guy acted like I asked to borrow his wife when he got them out of the case.

Same story about a store in Hoover... They think they're doing you a favor for allowing you to use their lanes and oxygen.

Same story about a store in Hoover... They think they're doing you a favor for allowing you to use their lanes and oxygen.

Hoover Tacticool was what I had in mind when I wrote that hahaha. Its the same down here though.

2 more gems I overheard last night...at a 'Big Box' Sporting Goods Store...

Customer: I wanna take a look at this Browning Auto 5 in the case...

Moron Employee: Oh I don't think you want something that old; We have a whole section of Mossbergs...they are brand new!

Customer: (looking astounded) No thanks...I wanna see the Manager now instead...

**the gun in the case was a 95% Auto 5 'sweet 16' with original box marked at $1450--must not work for commission!

another section, same store, different idiot...

Customer is looking at holsters for what I can assume is his first handgun, being purchased last night...

Moron Employee:Oh you don't want Kydex,it will ruin the finish on the gun almost immediately! I don't like leather either,its just too stiff and expensive...now NYLON, thats the way to go...

**Customer was purchasing a Nighthawk Custom 1911 they had in the case for about $1150...

Nighthawk Custom for $1150? Had they used it as a hammer?

This would be a store I would stop by weekly given their pricing, or lack there of.

they have had it sitting in the case for 6+ months asking substantially more--finally lowered it down this weekend for 'Pre-Christmas Pricing'...I would put it at 80% condition, 1 mag, no box/paperwork...and yes I do only frequent the place because of their pricing idiocy--Dad snapped up a Benelli 20 for half list ;)

Visited one of the "big" chain stores recently. Salesman was showing off a 300 .Blackout AR-15 to a customer and stated that it fired "300 Win - Mag ammo". Being amazed by this I could not help myself and stated, "I don't think so. There's some 300 Win - Mag ammo right over there. Check it out. It's not made for that gun." The clerk quickly told me that "No one was allowed to open any of the ammo packages!" My response was, "Just look at the box, you can see that it will never fit. 300 Blackout is a completely different round." With complete confidence, the clerk replied, "No the Blackout is the color of the rifle."

I didn't know whether laugh or scream. Good sense kicked in and I just walked away. (The store did look nice however.)

Ranger6

"It's got to be true if its on the internet. They can put anything on the internet that isn't true." A. Lincoln

Was in a brand new Gander Moutian the other day and was looking at a brand new black rain ordinance AR. Person beind counter "can I help you?" Me: "no I was just looking at that AR over there." Manager comes over "oh yeah, that AR is sweet." Person behind counter " yeah I know but whats this thing on the end of the barrel?" (refering to the black rain flash hider). Manager "yeah, I have seen things like that on shot-guns but never on a rifle" Person behind counter: "well I have heard what people are saying about it (store has been open for almost 1 month and how many of the customers in Albany GA are going to be able to afford a $2,000 AR) and the general consensus is that you are suposed to jam it into the door. You know instead of kicking the door down". Manager: "Hmm? Yeah that makes sense". I had to bite my tounge pretty hard to not explain to them that, no it's not really what it's for. I mean hey if you pay the $2000 for it and want to whack doors with it go right ahead.

Big box store selling guns:

Me: Can I take a peek at the glock 17

Clerk: Sure, here you go

Manager walks over, asks clerk loudly: Did he (referring to me) just take the safety switch off that gun?

Clerk: Well glocks don't really have a safety switch per say...

Manager gasps: All the safeties are off the glocks! Take these guns and put them in the back!

Me: It looks like the revolvers are having the same problem.

And off I went, to an actual gun shop

Manager walks over, asks clerk loudly: Did he (referring to me) just take the safety switch off that gun?

Manager gasps: All the safeties are off the glocks! Take these guns and put them in the back!

That store is going to have a bit of a reduced selection!

That store is going to have a bit of a reduced selection!

Oh my gosh, you're right, the safety got left off this one! But if you knock $150 off the price I'll take it off your hands and get it fixed myself so you don't have to send it back to Glock.

Doug

Just remember, working at a sporting goods store in the gun department does not make a person knowledgeable about guns, any more than working at a computer store makes one knowledgeable about computers. Do keep in mind this person is one of the first people that the media will find to interview as an expert should they need one for a quick un-researched hit piece on the news.

Pretty much, before you know it they'll be on the 6 o'clock news informing the population that you should grab an armed assailant's slide when he pokes his gun around the corner so that the gun is rendered inert instead of getting the hell out of there.

Pretty much, before you know it they'll be on the 6 o'clock news informing the population that you should grab an armed assailant's slide when he pokes his gun around the corner so that the gun is rendered inert instead of getting the hell out of there.

Wait you're not supposed to grab his slide?!? :surprise: But I read on the internet that that's what you're supposed to do! And of course they can't post anyting on the internet that isn't true. :roflol: