Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

-One of the “good ‘ol boys” comes in (with a 1911 on his hip) and asks if we have any 10mm pistols in stock. We had recently gotten a Glock 20 in, which was the first 10 I had seen in the shop for over 2 years, so I pointed it out and said that was the only one in stock at the moment. He looks at me and says, “Not one of those plastic pieces of sh**, I mean a real gun.”

That's not funny, that's normal and rational behavior.

I was asking myself what was funny about that as well.

:bow:

A real man can wear a pink shirt, and shoot a plastic gun :D

A real man *can* do those things, but most will wear whatever shirt their wife buys them, and shoot a metal gun.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-One of the good ol boys comes in (with a 1911 on his hip) and asks if we have any 10mm pistols in stock. We had recently gotten a Glock 20 in, which was the first 10 I had seen in the shop for over 2 years, so I pointed it out and said that was the only one in stock at the moment. He looks at me and says, Not one of those plastic pieces of sh**, I mean a real gun.

It's not "pink" it's "salmon"

Well, excuuuuusssseee me! :bow:

I just made that post to stir the pot. ;)

Why, I don't even own a pink . . . err, I mean salmon, shirt. Although I have heard it said, "there is something fishy about me". :roflol:

-One of the good ol boys comes in (with a 1911 on his hip) and asks if we have any 10mm pistols in stock. We had recently gotten a Glock 20 in, which was the first 10 I had seen in the shop for over 2 years, so I pointed it out and said that was the only one in stock at the moment. He looks at me and says, Not one of those plastic pieces of sh**, I mean a real gun.

Well, excuuuuusssseee me! :bow:

I just made that post to stir the pot. ;)

Why, I don't even own a pink . . . err, I mean salmon, shirt. Although I have heard it said, "there is something fishy about me". :roflol:

It's not pink, it's light red!

• 3 weeks later...

I was in a local gunshop several years ago and overheard the following.

" when I was a gunner on tanks we had some special sabot ammunition that shot so fast that it was unable to be measured."

Brandon

It's been a while, but if I remember the firing tables correctly M829A1 APFSDS-T leaves the muzzle at 5454 fps.

Close enough! :) 1670 m/s which is 5479 f/s.

Source: 13 years as a master gunner.

For content, I havent heard it in a gun store, but I have heard people tell me how SABOT rounds suck people out of tanks.

Edited by shippj

For content, I havent heard it in a gun store, but I have heard people tell me how SABOT rounds suck people out of tanks.

Don't think it would suck people out of a tank, but it sure sucks for the people IN the tank...

Edited by sfchorn

Don't think it would suck people out of a tank, but it sure sucks for the people IN the tank...

Thats right up there with a 50cal ripping off arms if it get close to you. Color me dissapointed.

Once when trying to buy heavier .223 ammo for deer hunting when I couldn't use my old 30-06, this fat guy probably in his late 50's came over to help.

me: "I'm interested in that 77 grain Hornady TAP-FPD."

employee: ".... (long pause while looking at the box)... (then strange eye contact while head was down)... These will kill somebody. They were made for punching through material. I mean, you can shoot somebody in a car, and they will go right through that windshield and KILL SOME BODY.... (still looking at me in a serious way)..."

me: "uh, I guess I'll take them"

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Once when trying to buy heavier .223 ammo for deer hunting when I couldn't use my old 30-06, this fat guy probably in his late 50's came over to help.

me: "I'm interested in that 77 grain Hornady TAP-FPD."

employee: ".... (long pause while looking at the box)... (then strange eye contact while head was down)... These will kill somebody. They were made for punching through material. I mean, you can shoot somebody in a car, and they will go right through that windshield and KILL SOME BODY.... (still looking at me in a serious way)..."

me: "uh, I guess I'll take them"

Should have asked for the non-lethal .223 ammo . . .

I was in a local gun shop the other day and one of the employees working behind the counter held up a 30 round AR mag and had to ask if it was indeed a 30 round mag for an AR. Are you kidding me? I guess it is too sad to be funny.

I overheard a lady wanting to buy 308 ammo for her husbands little pistol that he carries in his pocket, sad thing is the guy at the gun store went and got her a box of 308 ammo, I then had to inter rupt and say don't you mean 380 ?? Gun store guy just looked at me and I walked out .....

Heard this one yesterday - again - ". ... No reason to have a 22 in the house as you can't hurt anyone with that ...."

Cool! Please stand right here while I go get my Buckmark, oh, and here's a red magic marker to draw an "X" on your forehead ....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm man enough to shoot a Tupperware gun. I love my M&P Pro and my Shield. But I draw the line at pink, err, Salmon shirts... They don't match my skin tone!

On a more serious note... I recently purchased a Mossberg 930 Signature Series Patrick Flanigan "Rhythm" shotgun. Love that gun, not as refined as most 'spenive guns, but neither am I.

I'm asking the clerk about it, what internal differences there are from the stock 930... Upon examination I am told that it's a recoil gun instead of gas operated 930. How did he surmise this? He could see the receiver was milled for the gas op rod, but couldn't see the rod.

Bought the gun anyway, upon initial disassembly, there are two short gas op rods on a rather beefy gas system.

Edited by FightFireJay

• 2 weeks later...

Well it didn't happen in a gun shop, but it was a conversation on the interweb between a new shooter and a "Pro" shooter....no really you all would know the name! It was about heavy metal rifles and the guy was asking about the new Ruger AR-10 and he was advised by the "pro" that it wouldn't be any good for 3-gun due to the ADDED recoil of the piston system, I guess a 308 now feel like a 338 magnum because of a piston system.....anyway made me laugh!!!

Heard a good one a few years back when Springfield came out with their G.I. model 1911 in green. Was in the local gun store looking at one, guy behind the counter comes over "Isn't cool that they made the metal green like that." All i could say was yep sure is, still bought the gun cause it was a crazy good deal, so got a new gun and a good laugh out of the day.

Edited by jacketjoed

Shopping the local shop Saturday looking for a 15-22. They had one so I asked if they could come down any since I can get it $75 cheaper online. The guy tells me most online gunships have old and outdated guns whereas they just got theirs in last week.

Shopping the local shop Saturday looking for a 15-22. They had one so I asked if they could come down any since I can get it $75 cheaper online. The guy tells me most online gunships have old and outdated guns whereas they just got theirs in last week.

lol

I always ask for the freshest guns and you should always check they're expiration dates.

I guess my COLT SAA from 1888 is a "stale" gun because it was made so long ago. It is so old that no "knowledgeable" gun shop would take it in on trade for a newer gun Whadda ya think?

I will give you $50.00 and a big box of 9mm brass, just cause I need something to put on the wall for decoration. Pretty crappy old guns anyway.

I guess my COLT SAA from 1888 is a "stale" gun because it was made so long ago. It is so old that no "knowledgeable" gun shop would take it in on trade for a newer gun Whadda ya think?

I will give you $50.00 and a big box of 9mm brass, just cause I need something to put on the wall for decoration. Pretty crappy old guns anyway.

That seems really generous considering it would be absolutely beyond its expiration date. I would have had to CHARGE a disposal fee! For ammo of course. Edited by BHill

No but how about 1,000 .25 ACP brass, and an ammo can full of used primers?

Sold! What's your address to send them to?

Sold! What's your address to send them to?
The shipping from where I live will be $7,500.00. I will require it is paid to me in advance.