Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super funny and a bit scary at the same time this thread.

Loca VA shop. I stopped in because I had time to kill. As I'm looking around a guy and his two sons come in. He says to one of the guys behind the counter "I'd like to look at some 9mm handguns so my sons and I can learn to shoot at the range. 9mm is not that pricy, how about a baretta 92fs.". This perked my ears up as I have a baretta 92f. The reply from the clerk, " you don't want a baretta 92fs, the marines use the m9, the same gun in Afghanistan and Iraq, they've told me that they shoot the Taliban guys more than four times and the keep coming cause they are all high on drugs. You know those opium fields are every where over there" I can't believe it. He goes on, "if you want to kill someone you need at least a .40.". They left the shop before I stopped laughing.

As I looked at an Infinity open gun in the local gun shop that came in over the weekend as part of an estate sale I mentioned that the trigger job oon it was prety nice. The old guy behind the counter said "you know that gun is completely worthless. A trigger that light makes that gun no good what so ever for self protection." I just smiled as i plunked down the $500 he was asking for it.

As I looked at an Infinity open gun in the local gun shop that came in over the weekend as part of an estate sale I mentioned that the trigger job oon it was prety nice. The old guy behind the counter said "you know that gun is completely worthless. A trigger that light makes that gun no good what so ever for self protection." I just smiled as i plunked down the $500 he was asking for it.

You have got to be kidding me...that's a made-up story!!!!!

Pictures or it didn't happen......

Sent from my rotary dial phone

• 3 weeks later...
"...Women don't enjoy shooting. Their brains are wired different from men..."

Oh God in heaven, don't get me started!! I have a suitable "long string of 4-letter words", too, for this ignorant asshat...!!! GAH!!! angry.gif

Women dont enjoy shooting?...... thats strange cause i can remember my 70 something year old grandma telling me to man up when she outshot me with my grandpas 45 colt revolver. Of course I was 8 at the time. And my mom used to be able to make a coffee can dance with my dads marlin 66(?) .22. So let the 4 letter words fly on the delta bravos.

Edited by WidowsSon683

• 2 weeks later...

I overheard this exchange between a clerk and a couple in their mid-20's looking at a used Glock 34 at a gun show.

Guy:How long is the barrel?

Clerk:A little over five inches.

Girl:Five inches? It looks like almost eight to me(as she points from the front to the back of the slide). Usually guys are wrong the opposite way when it comes to estimating length.

Guy:*just stands there looking aghast*

Clerk: Ma'am, that is the slide length, this part here is the barrel(pointing).

Girl:Oh, then that's about right.

After a few more questions they left. I walked up and measured the slide with the tape measure/keychain I carry. Sure enough, just about eight inches. I looked at the clerk and said, "damn, she's good". He replied that he didn't even want to know where she learned that skill.

I overheard this exchange between a clerk and a couple in their mid-20's looking at a used Glock 34 at a gun show.

Guy:How long is the barrel?

Clerk:A little over five inches.

Girl:Five inches? It looks like almost eight to me(as she points from the front to the back of the slide). Usually guys are wrong the opposite way when it comes to estimating length.

Guy:*just stands there looking aghast*

Clerk: Ma'am, that is the slide length, this part here is the barrel(pointing).

Girl:Oh, then that's about right.

After a few more questions they left. I walked up and measured the slide with the tape measure/keychain I carry. Sure enough, just about eight inches. I looked at the clerk and said, "damn, she's good". He replied that he didn't even want to know where she learned that skill.

:roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

Literally just heard this.

Customer: Yea 30-06 is great. I got this friend that shoots 22 bullets through is 30-06.

Me: No I don't think so.

Customer: No he does, don't know how but he does but he does.

Me: Ok

This is also the guy that asked us if we could hear his straight pipes from the parking lot.

Might have been talking about sabot rounds?....

I walked into a local pawn shop and was standing at the counter looking at used pistols when a gentleman came up beside me and asked a brand new employee about which brands of revolvers were best. New guy starts by saying he likes Taurus 'cause they're the same as Smith and Wesson and he also liked Charter Arms. He then says he hates Rugers, don't waste your money. I asked why, and he replied that "quality sucks. Just last week I got a brand new Ruger in and the cylinder spun backwards, so I had to send it back." I told him he was an idiot and walked away.

The same guy two months later broke a stock on a SAR8 by throwing it up in the air while trying to spin it like they do in the military.

And a few months later, he couldn't come back to work because he shot himself in the leg while riding in a car with a newly purchased 1911.

• 2 months later...

I never thought I be adding to this thread.

my story is from yesterday.

From what I have read here, all too ordinary.

As I walked up to my lane at the range

the woman in the next lane was pulling the trigger in a regular rythum.

Frankly, I thought nothing of it....

The range officer rolled up and asked her why she was not double tapping.

She said she was trying to get familar with the recoil and watching the sights...

He interrupted her at that point and said

"you are wasting your time and ammo with that."

He went on from there but I quit listening to him.

I managed to get to talk to her after he left

and told her she was doing it right

and invited her to visit this website...

miranda

We all know all they need is a pretty pink scandium/titaniun revolver stoked with 125 grain .357 mag cartridges. :)

Better go with the .44 mag instead; the .357 is a smidge anemic. And yes, scandium. :)

Literally just heard this.

Customer: Yea 30-06 is great. I got this friend that shoots 22 bullets through is 30-06.

Me: No I don't think so.

Customer: No he does, don't know how but he does but he does.

Me: Ok

This is also the guy that asked us if we could hear his straight pipes from the parking lot.

Might have been talking about sabot rounds?....

Yes you can shoot .22 through a 30-06.

I think they were called "Accelerators" and if I remember correctly Remington made them.

A friend of mine had a box I saw a long time ago and I'll see if he still has them lying around.

Just looked it up on the net.

They are called accelerators and its a 55 grain projectile loaded in a 30-06 case and comes out at a screaming 4080fps.

Mixed reviews on their accuracy with some people stating they were horrible and some stating they were "more accurate than their Mini-14" (which isn't really saying all that much for them)

I have never personally fired them in any of my guns . They were made back in the 70's for the 30-06, the .308, and the 30-30 and are now considered "obsolete".

I will speak to my buddy Kenny who has them and ask his opinion on their accuracy.

Edited by JKSNIPER