Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

customer: I would like to to buy niyte sights for my glock. I have heard they help for home defense.

clerk: the best about them is to find your gun on your nightstand. thats why they were designed...so you can see your gun at night.

customer: well i have kids in the home and i wont leave my gun on the night stand.

clerk: turn the gun around - they wont see it......

:surprise:

We have a winner! What a DH...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is the reason that if I could order guns direct to my home I would never go to a gun store again. I am a auto technician by profession and on the very rare occasion that I go to a auto parts store I here very similar dumba$$ coments.

I heard one guy saying to a customer in Alaska...

"Oh yeah the 9mm is a good round for bears. You just need to make sure you shove the gun into its mouth."

Now see, that's the kind of mean spirited humor I like to hear in a gunshop.

Young customer: Yeah, I need a couple of pounds of black powder and three or four feet of cannon fuse.

Me: *looks at the three cops standing right behind him and try not to laugh too loudly*

Yeah, this happened just before July 4th too a few years back.

Joe W.

I just got back from a gunshow, and I swear the people have gotten dumber in the last 2-3 years, i'm trying to sell a Valmet 412 O/U 308. One guy a dealer type, asks me Hey, can i see that, what is it?

I say: A Valmet 412 in 308,

He says: a 412!!!!! what caliber is that??????????

I say: 412 is the model, 308 is the caliber.

He says: Who makes it?

I say: Valmet,

He turns to his cohort: Oh,............... its Russian.

End of conversation.

trapr

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Our local gun shop is run by a family of shooters. Both father and son shoot USPSA, IPA and PPC.

They know what they are talking about, and if they don't, they won't try to BS you. He's called me a few times when someone had a question he couldn't answer, but was right in my wheelhouse.

I've seen Jim many times talk someone out of a more expensive gun in favor of a cheaper one because it was a better fit, or the expensive one wasn't really designed for what the customer wanted, ect.

On top of that, since I am an NRA instructor... I get to use his indoor range and personal reloading room (in the basement) for free :) (when I need to load a caliber I'm not set up for...)

I have heard some doozies from the customers though... I just can't think of any off the top of my head right now...

Frank

My favorite exchange between the owner and his friend/employee: The owner is showing me this sweet little 1911 style pistol in .32 or .380 (can't remember which). Beautiful little gun, just like a down sized .45. Anyway, his buddy looks at him and says "I keep tellin ya, you put that thing in some water and it'll grow into a real gun". lol Apparently this is a conversation they have pretty often.

Clerk: "This isn't a gun, you don't need a 4473. See, it doesn't even have a serial number"

Me: Yes it does - look here (pointing to serial number 38SUPER on a stripped SVI widebody frame)

Clerk: "No, that's the caliber."

Me: "How about if I fill out a 4473 and you give it to the boss and have him figure out if you need it".

Clerk: "OK" (followed by some BS about how well he knows the folks at the factory)

Famous gun maker "You can't make a stainless 45 that will shoot 1.5" groups it would gall itself to the point of failure".

Well, that's simply bordering on violating forum rules. We're talking about 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Your FGM guarantees 3" groups at 50 yards on all his guns including the stainless ones, but he does offer 1.5" at 50 yards as an option on carbon steel guns. Can YOU name anyone who guarantees 1.5" groups at 50 yards on any gun they make, or even any guarantee at 50 yards? Probably not. The best I've seen is a 2" guarantee at 25 yards. No comparison.

Now, back to the gun store humor.

I work at a gun shop and I sure hope I dont sound like that!!!! :surprise:

I do hear a ton of craziness though.

" i have some special Spetsnaz .22 amm that is steel core,it will go through anything"

" that gun is shooting 6" low, Sig must have put the wrong front sight on this gun"

" I carry .22 stingers in my gun cuz they are as powerfull as a 9mm"

"this hi-point here is the best gun ive ever owned, it doesnt jam like my stupid glock"

I also love how these "customers" run there target out to 50' when their groups at 18' are worse then a shotgun with a 5" barell at 100yds.

and dont get me started on the cops...

During a visit to Gander Mountain, I had a brief discussion with the man behind the counter:

Clerk: I love to shoot.

Me: Me too.

Clerk: You do a lot of shooting?

Me: As much as I can find time for!

Clerk: I shoot a lot.

Me: Really?

Clerk: Yeah, I usually take 50-100 rounds with me to the range.

Me: Wow. That must cost you a fortune.

Clerk: Yeah, but I get an employee discount.

------------------------------------------------------

When I was a surgical resident, we had a father and his son on the trauma service. Apparently, dad was showing his 15-year old sold how to make a pipe bomb. So he fills the pipe with powder, puts the cap on and then starts to drill the hole for the fuse.

Vonce you go Glock you never go bock!

Glocks never need cleaning. Ever.

Glocks never jam. Ever.

Rather be tried by 12 than carried by six.(the reason he didn't want to get his CCW)

AKs never need cleaning. Ever.

AKs never jam. Ever.

Clerk to a female customer looking at a Glock:Yeah, just load it and stick it in you purse and forget about it.

Me to both:Great idea, up until you lipstick decides to diguise itself as your trigger finger.

There is no such thing as a one shot stop.

Caliber XYZ will stop anyone with one shot.

The AR-15 is for sissys.

You got room on those rails for your iPod?

The 9mm is for sissys.

At a local shop/range I had them test the trigger pull weight of my Limited gun. They pull out the gauge and test it out and confirm that it is 2lbs. The clerk hands me my gun back and says “Its not safe to have a trigger less than 3lbs because the weight of the trigger its self it can pull the trigger back during recoil and it will go full auto on you”. I smile and say “Perfect, just what I was looking for!!!”.

This was the same guy that I heard telling another customer that he could shoot 1 inch “Double Taps” at 30 yards with his Glock while on the move because you need to take head shots some times when the $hit hits the fan. Suuuuuuure Buddy!!!

Hhhhmmm…. I wonder why he can barely keep a 10 inch group at 15 yards the few times I have seen him shoot??? Maybe the $hit hasn’t hit the fan yet :rolleyes: