Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

Famous gun maker "You can't make a stainless 45 that will shoot 1.5" groups it would gall itself to the point of failure".

Well, that's simply bordering on violating forum rules. We're talking about 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Your FGM guarantees 3" groups at 50 yards on all his guns including the stainless ones, but he does offer 1.5" at 50 yards as an option on carbon steel guns. Can YOU name anyone who guarantees 1.5" groups at 50 yards on any gun they make, or even any guarantee at 50 yards? Probably not. The best I've seen is a 2" guarantee at 25 yards. No comparison.

Now, back to the gun store humor.

I can gurantee qiute a bit better than 1.5" at 50 yards with MY guns :roflol:

Jim :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Famous gun maker "You can't make a stainless 45 that will shoot 1.5" groups it would gall itself to the point of failure".

Well, that's simply bordering on violating forum rules. We're talking about 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Your FGM guarantees 3" groups at 50 yards on all his guns including the stainless ones, but he does offer 1.5" at 50 yards as an option on carbon steel guns. Can YOU name anyone who guarantees 1.5" groups at 50 yards on any gun they make, or even any guarantee at 50 yards? Probably not. The best I've seen is a 2" guarantee at 25 yards. No comparison.

Pistols, Jimbo, pistols. ARs are cheating. :P

Pistols, Jimbo, pistols. ARs are cheating. :P

Does Bar Sto count?

Me, in a local indoor range/shop with GENERALLY knowlegeable staff: "Hi, I need a backstrap channel plug for my Glock."

Clerk: "And what caliber would that be, sir?"

Me: "Er, it's a small frame model..."

Clerk: "Sir, the plugs are model and caliber specific. One comes with each gun, and I need the exact model in order to replace the factory part."

Me: "OKaaaaaaayyyyyy....(let's see where this goes) it's a G34."

Clerk: "And what caliber?"

Me: "It's a G - never mind. Nine by ninetee- never mind. 9mm parabellum."

Clerk: "Let me check." He leaves, comes back in a couple minutes with a more than slightly annoyed looking and more senior employee. "I can't seem to find any, but perhaps this person can help you," and goes off.

New Clerk: "So, what do you need?"

Me: "Pearce Plug for my G34."

He reaches under the counter, whips one out, and hands it to me, muttering, "Sorry about that...".

:wacko:

I was looking for a magazine for a M77 Winchester .22. I had a shop owner spend ten or fifteen minutes trying to convince me that the only model 77 rifle was the one made by Ruger. The best part was the “regular” standing there that thought for some reason his input was needed. I guess they had something to talk about after I left the store.

This was the same guy that I heard telling another customer that he could shoot 1 inch “Double Taps” at 30 yards with his Glock while on the move because you need to take head shots some times when the $hit hits the fan. Suuuuuuure Buddy!!!

Any ONE aspect of that would be impressive for this guy, I imagine. :)

Guys, come on, you all know that every employee at every gun counter has spent at least 1/3 of their lives working for an unnamed agency doing things to bad people that would just scare the crap out of us mere mortals.

These people have all put their lives on the line for us and all you can do is question their obviously superior skills. Skills honed by minutes of practice firing 10's of rounds at stationary targets at near touchable distances from unbelievably steady rests. If they say they can't do it, then it must be impossible to do.

If they say it, with all their vast experience, then by God and john Moses Browning, it must be true.

Then again, maybe they've played a few to many video games.

Jim

"Glocks never need cleaning. They are designed to be self-cleaning. I learned that at the Glock armorers class."

"Never carry a 1911 cocked and locked. It was not designed to be carried that way. You need to learn to rack the slide on the draw stroke. Watch me."

Clown behind counter: "When I was a Ranger we...."

Customer: "Which Ranger class were you in?"

Clown: "Back when I did we didn't have classes."

Customer: :roflol::roflol::roflol:

What a douche.

RLTW

--Lanzo

:cheers: Walked into Academy Sports the other dayand heard this.

Customer: I would like A Glock 17 in 9MM

Clerk: They do not make a Glock 17 in 9mm

Customer: What is that right there (points at G17)

Clerk: Thats a 9X19 not a 9mm

Me: Couldn't resist, walked over and asked for some my G17, oh by the way it was on my belt.

Clerk: I will have to get my supervisor, they are special order only.

Me: As soon as he left I gave the guy a card for a good gun shop and told him to run and not look back.

The conversation that then happened between the manager, clerk and me was pretty hilariouse about the special order that I needed for ammo. :sight:

East Texas Deer season,

I guy walks in to the store, diving up from Houston and asks if you have ammunition for a deer rifle.

Guy at the counter says yes. What type?

Guy says Deer Rifle ammunition.

Counter guy, what type or Caliber?

The Hunter Obviously new!! Gets all pissy! And says DEER RIFLE AMMUNITION!!!!

Counter Guy is a real guy person tries to help and asks if you bring the gun in we can figure out what type you need?

Hunter,,, All I’m asking for is Deer Rifle ammunition!!!!

By this time a small crowd has formed at the gun counter,,, of gun people trying as hard as they can not to laugh! (and they are not doing a good job of not laughing)

The guy,, totally exasperated says,,, All I want is Deer rifle ammunition.. can’t you get it for me!!!!!

Counter guy….. sorry sir I’m not selling you any type of ammunition for anything. You’ll have to go some other place.

Gun guys in the store,,, lose control of themselves,,, and laugh about that one for a very long time!!

It has been over 10 years and I bet I could go into the place and ask for some deer rifle ammunition and get a laugh!

This guy was probably going to some Deer camp, for his first time, with a borrowed rifle. I’m sure when he got to Deer camp and told this story…. He got a laugh!

I removed the posts which were one forum member attacking another here, because he disaggreed with his position in another thread.

Poor taste and certainly against forum rules. <_<

I'll open this thread back up now.

- Admin.

Said in a barber shop I was in, at 14, I'm now 47, and I still remember laughing out loud!

"You can shoot a guy in the arm with an M16 and it will kill him because the gun was designed to shoot a tumbling bullet. It turns end over end as it flies, that's why the army uses them. They're deadly."

:roflol::roflol:

I remember hearing that same thing!!!

I helped with our local "sight in days" a few years ago. It's a day for out of state hunter's to make sure they're rifles are sighted in for deer season. One fellow showed up with a very fine rifle (read expensive) and was nice enough to tell us all about it. He shot two boxes of shells at a 100 yard target. Not only did he not hit the target, he didn't hit the giant "backing board" that you tack targets to. He said, "That's close enough" and left. :o

WyoBob

I think the single funniest thing that I have seen at a public range is as follows...... I am at a public indoor range shooting, and this guy comes to the stall next to mine. His lady is with him as well. He hangs up this full size target of a Bad Guy pointing a gun at you, one of the real picture versions and sets it out about 10 yards. He unloads a magazine into the body of it and the group looks like a shotgun blast with hits all over the place. Then he loads another mag and says to his lady "Watch me shoot his eyes out". He proceeds to fire 4 - 5 rounds and they are NO WARE close to the head, much less the eyes. So he pulls the target carrier back to 5 yards and tries again. 4 - 5 rounds later he is getting close to the head but still not there. He pulls the target carrier back to about 3 yards and tries again. He is now getting hits on the head but the eyes are still there unscathed. Frustrated he pulls the target carrier back to about 2 feet from the muzzle of the gun and tires again and now is hitting right below the eyes but still not the actual eye balls. In complete frustration and rage he tears down the target, throws his still loaded pistol into his gun bag and storms out of the range making comments like "That darn piece of crap gun, you cant hit anything with it!!!" <_< Then his lady says "I hope you never have to use that thing to protect us or we are in trouble" :roflol:

The boys and I were doing a First Shots one Saturday at the local indoor range. We got the students out on the range where we were only using about five of the ten lanes. One Rambo started enganging two of the ladies that were waiting for there turn to shoot. He was giving them the rundown on .40 and .45 hollowpoints that would expand to twice there size, then he came out with the "most tactical" statement I have ever heard: "You see this bullet here with the shiny case (nickel), I put it in the clip first so when I see it flip out of the gun I know it's time to reload.

We told him to leave our students alone!

Edited by TRNinTX

"You see this bullet here with the shiny case (nickel), I put it in the clip first so when I see it flip out of the gun I know it's time to reload.

I think I have heard that before at one of local matches.......... :roflol:

"You see this bullet here with the shiny case (nickel), I put it in the clip first so when I see it flip out of the gun I know it's time to reload.

The scary part of that statement is that the first thought is "well that makes sense" followed by "wait a minute.... what?" :wacko:

Took the next door neighbor to the range to plink, shoots a single shot .22 rifle OK, not great. Shoots a dot sighted .22 pistol OK. Hand him an iron sighted .22 contender pistol, shoots near the top of the 25 yard berm, aiming near the bottom of it. I have him dryfire it, he's steady enough.

"Top of front sight on target?"

"Yep".

"Lined up with the top of the rear sight?"

"Rear sight?"

I think I have heard that before at one of local matches.......... :roflol:

Actually the Army Air Corps used to load white tracer ammo at or near the end of a belt so that pilots would know they were running out. The red tracer ammo was the standard mix, the white was the I'm out of here signal.

Seems a German POW Camp Commander actually gleaned this info form a POW in conversation. He beleived that casual talk would yeild better results than any other form of interrogation. People would not be on guard. He would go for walks with various POWs and chat. He commented to one tha the Americans must be running low on the tracer mix as their (German) pilots were noticing white tracers. The POW commented the above, that this was a low ammo signal.

Sadly I remember the story, but not the source.

On the other hand. You gotta love the Range Rambo. I am glad he watches his ejecting cases rather than his targets. If he ever goes bad, we'll stand a much better chance that he won't be hitting anything.

I had a gun shop owner say to me one time that the 1911 had the perfect grip for no one and the perfect grip for everyone. To this day I am still trying to figure out what he was trying to say. I guess if you confuse people they think you are an expert.