Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf Barrels

Duane Thomas

I have one for my 17, 34 & 35.

Good barrels, good fitting but very tight and sharp edges. All mine needed a little dremeling :P (I love to dremel) In zeroing my gun I found my POI a little different but as good or better groups then my stock 34 Glock barrel.

Factory ammo fits fine, but I had a problem with my own reloads. No Glock bulges but the chambers are tight and it took a while to break them in. I use them as case guages so everything I shoot out of them fits or you get FT's.

A friend was told by a LW rep. to send in 5 spent cartridge cases with his order and they will size the chamber for your brass. I havent talked with him about since, so I don't know if it worked out, but it's worth a call to LW.

I had a G34 LWD barrel reamed by them to a more reasonable chamber diameter. Mine is now between the original diameter and stock Glock. Closer to stock Glock than original. I sent them 5 loaded rounds that were somewhat over size. The rounds were just a little snug in the stock barrel.

BTW it is still a one hole shooter after the chamber reaming. I am actually a little surprised as to how accurate this barrel is. It loves 147 and 160 gr bullets.

I have a LW barrel in my G35. Great barrel for the money. Very accurate, and a good tight chamber. No "glock Bulge", and the brass resizes beautifully.

z-

I measured my Lone wolf and glock chambers and found there is a five thousands of an inch difference. I have had the Lone wolf choke on factory and reloads that the glock ate fine.

I had a G34 LWD barrel reamed by them to a more reasonable chamber diameter. Mine is now between the original diameter and stock Glock. Closer to stock Glock than original. I sent them 5 loaded rounds that were somewhat over size. The rounds were just a little snug in the stock barrel.

BTW it is still a one hole shooter after the chamber reaming. I am actually a little surprised as to how accurate this barrel is. It loves 147 and 160 gr bullets.

Why did you have the chamber reamed? Sticky cases? Extraction problems?

The chamber diameter was too small. I was getting a 25% FTF rate. Rounds that would fall into the Glock barrel would not chamber in the LWD. I had a conversation with JR at LWD yesterday about this issue.

The chamber diameter was too small. I was getting a 25% FTF rate. Rounds that would fall into the Glock barrel would not chamber in the LWD. I had a conversation with JR at LWD yesterday about this issue.

My rounds feed ok but I'm having fte's, Seems like the rim of the case being extracted hangs up on the mouth of the case mouth of the top round in the mag. Not sure if it's barrel related.Tried a little more crimp but still hanging up.

I purchased a LW barrel for a Glock 22 and it would not feed reloaded ammo. Even had a few hickups on factory ammo. I called Danny at LW and he informed me that the barrel dimensions are very tight. He asked me to send him the barrel and he would fix it. He throated the chamber and polished the barrel ramp and chamber. I got it back and haven't had any issues since. He also said that if I ordered another from him to let him know before hand that you reload and he'll get the barrel polished up before it's sent out. For the time and headache he engraved some flames on the barrel...looks cool when the slide is back.

I'd recommend LW barrel as long as you let them know up front that you reload.

I've got a G22 barrel that needs to go back too.I bought the thing to shoot lead bullets,but its to tight for reliable function.Even with the .400 diameter bullets I get from a local caster.I just need to get a few sized .401,so I can load up 4 dummy rounds to send with it.-Mike