Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Would Win?

rhino

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Strange v. Dr. Fate

Dr. Strange, of course. Stephen Strange is Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, the Master of the Mystic Arts. Fate is a comparatively (IMHO) lowly Agent of Order. Besides, Fate has the Achilles' heel that if you remove his helmet he loses most of his power since the knowledge and might of Nabu contained inside the helmet is the real Fate-power, not the host.

And besides all that, Strange has much better taste in women. Clea makes Inza Nelson and Lyta Hall look like dogmeat.

Good Lord Man, no one should know that much about a cartoon series.

You thought that was a lot? I restrained myself from addressing my opinions on the cultural/sexual/personality factors that affect the Speed/Trixie relationship. That would have made the post, y'know, long.

Vatch de vatch, you are feeling drowsy, ve vill cure this addiction

NEVER!! I'll always be a Speed freak.

If we're talking movies Harrison over Richard every time!

Yeah, movie versions . . . the most recent for the Alan Quartermaine series.

Actually, Richard Chamberlain should get a match DQ for being cast opposite a young Sharon Stone and "choosing" to not handle the situation properly. :lol:

That's what I was trying to imply . . .

Pop'n'Fresh Dough Boy v. the Hamburger Helper Oven Mitt

Special Agent Dana Sculley v. Special Agent Clarice Starling

Jessica Fletcher v. Miss Marple

Hercule Poirot v. Sherlock Holmes

Michelin Man v. the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Matt Helm v. Derrick Flint

The Smurfs v. the Keebler Elves

Daffy Duck v. Donald Duck

Daffy. He and Donald are equally stupid, but Daffy is much more adept at violence. He'd win unless Donald's nephews pitched in to help.

Tarzan v. Ka-Zar

Tarzan. He's smarter, stronger, not a whiner, and can actually hold onto his wife without getting divorced.

Special Agent Dana Sculley v. Special Agent Clarice Starling

Clarice Starling. Dana's smarter, but Clarice is much tougher and a champion combat pistol shooter.

Hercule Poirot v. Sherlock Holmes

Holmes. They're probably equally as intelligent and insightful, but in a fight, Holmes is much larger, stronger and more skillful a combatant.

Michelin Man v. the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Michelin Man. Steel-belted radials versus marshallow - no contest.

Matt Helm v. Derrick Flint

Helm. Matt makes James Bond look like a wimp, whereas Flint couldn't stop chasing women long enough for a good fight.

Oops! Late breaking news (after more internet research). Apparently, 34 episodes were aired of the '97 Mach Go Go Go, not 21 as I'd originally read. There's a rumor all 52 were completed though not all were aired. So maybe there's hope for the future.

Trixie Fontaine (yes, she actually has a last name in the '97 Speed Racer) in the Japanese version had her last name changed to Kazami.

Sparky's "real" name was Takumi Tateishi.

And Chim Chim, now a baby gorilla, is called Rocky in the English translation and shows up halfway through the series. <gak!>

Well, Rhino, they did win the battle but from historical reference, it looks like they could have used some good pistol coaching prior to the encounter. There were over 50 shots fired, cummulatively, and most from a matter of feet, not yards.

If the Earps were Practicers, it wasn't very beneficial, and they didn't do it offen.

Obvious to me, they had not read The Book before they headed down to the OK Corral, and I bet you could have beaten their El Prez times. I mean, heck, they even wore real leather holsters, shot with hog trough sights, and hadn't they heard about plated/fmj bullets; all that smoke. Guess they were trying to emulate Jerry M and his revo feats.

How about pitting the Clantons/McLowrys vs Leatham, Enos, and Rhino. I'd bet on you guys anyday, even if you did finish well down in that Big match.

Actually, all joking aside, my impression is that the Earps' pistol skills were probably about the same as today's average cop. IOW better than the run of the mill guy who never practices at all, but not expert level by any means.

I could stand to be corrected on this, but my understanding is that none of the Earps carried their guns in holsters at the famous gunfight. Rather, the day was cold enough they had their guns secreted in the capacious outer pockets of their heavy coats. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Doc was the only one who had his coat unbuttoned, but that was so he could get at the double barrel shotgun he was carrying under one arm.

A bit off the topic, but of all the famous gunfighters, only two had what we would consider a high skill level: Wild Bill Hickock and John Wesley Hardin. They both practiced frequently, and by all accounts were damn good.

The Pink Panther vs. Bugs Bunny.

You're kidding, right? Bugs all the way. The Pink Panther is a maroon.  :P

Duane, you beat me to the punch on this one.

Pink's triumphs were mostly out of chance. Bugs would just twitch his whiskers and say, "Of course, you know, this means war!" He'd win through bunny cunning. B)

L

How about pitting the Clantons/McLowrys vs Leatham, Enos, and Rhino. I'd bet on you guys anyday, even if you did finish well down in that Big match.

That's a great idea on paper, but it would result in Mr. L and Mr. E clearing leather and waxing all of them before I was able to go prone screaming like a little girl while peeing my pants (just a little) because people might be shooting at me. :lol:

Duane

From what I have read, you are correct, Bill Hickock was very adept in the use of handguns. Said he fired both his guns till empty evey morning so the charges would be fresh that day.

This is drifting the thread, but: in Cooper's book, Fireworks Chapter1, The Deadly American, he gives a very good account of Hickock and some others as well.

• 6 years later...
Just gotta revive this, it has been dead too long:

Jason Bourne vs. John Rambo

Tough one. Both awesome. Gotta go with Bourne-Rambo thinks too much. But when Bourne gets the girlfriend-he lose his automaton style-then I think Rambo would take him.