Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Energy Stimulants/supplements

cybrosh

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend Vitamix smoothie. You can pack in lots veggies, protein powder, and supplements... and if you add enough fruits, yogurt, and some OJ it's actually quite sweet and tasty. Granted it looks like barf, but is really filling with healthy stuff.

I drink coffee before the match and Monster Ultra through out the match, probably a 2 or 3 cans. I generally work the night shift, and consume ridiculous amounts of caffeine on a daily basis, so it doesn't give me the jitters.

Edited by zen_grasshopper

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends what you are use to. Do you normally drink energy drinks? I would keep the same routine as usual. I wake up and exercise early and then drink a energy drink on the way in to work. I find that doing that before matches keeps everything the same and nothing new. If you are not use to energy drinks i would avoid them before a match.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Complete Nutrition now makes a Coffee Flavored protein powder called "Maine Roast". There is the original coffee flavor and a new mocha flavor.

You can mix it with water or milk or even cold coffee. (I find a half and half mix of 2% milk and coffee works pretty good)

It's often cheaper if you buy it from amazon.com instead of Complete Nutrition.

• 10 months later...

On 9/29/2018 at 9:30 PM, rritchie82 said:

Amino energy or Branch Chain Aminos are good energy sources. Plus they will help preserve your protein so your muscles don’t fatigue as quickly.

BCAA's will help with recovery, but not so much with providing energy over the course of a long day. You'd be better off with some complex carbohydrates. 

A small serving of eggs and some toast would be a quick and easy option.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I need my caffeine.  Up in Canada I usually try to get a Tim Hortons coffee and thermos up for a match.   Coffee even on a hot day.  Sometimes coffee is a no go then its diet Redbull mixed with Gatoraide G-Zero.  Not sure if I shoot better but I "people" much better with some caffeine in my system.  

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been throwing this around with my buddy for awhile.  I'm not confident with my routine yet.  Usually match morning I have a tiny amount of coffee, then during the match it's a lot of water and a gatorade.  The part I'm unsure about is a redbull, which I'll have around stage 1-3.  

Without a doubt, I can feel a difference once the redbull is down.  Sometimes I'm more focused, and sometimes I'm mentally foggy.  

The major issue for me, is being out in the Florida sun for 5 hours.  Also I'm sprinting like I mean it.  I often find that the last two stages I am physically exhausted, which is why I've been doing the redbull.  This is obviously not the right way to solve this problem.  

Physical health and maintenance at the match is something that I need to work on... giant sun hat, fan, or umbrella, and little chair.