Lets see your .22 Steel guns

cdrissel

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had this Advantage Arms conversion kit for a while. I just don't seem to be able to make it to the range to practice with it much.

I just got AA's weaver rail barrel "shroud" for it, so I could mount a C-more to it. The C-more is actually gray in the picture. The grips are, I think, like VZ grips...so for those interested in aesthetics there is this kinda black/gray theme going on:

22ConversionPlusCmore.jpg

I shot it the first time in competition at a local steel plate match on Saturday. It was my first time shooting a red dot in competition also. Jeesh... :rolleyes: .... red dots sure do make it easy.

This combo above just runs and runs and runs. biggrin.gif

FWIW... that C-more has a 6 MOA dot module in it. This past Saturday, the way the range is situated for the steel plate match, the sun comes up right behind us, over our shoulders. So it is the worst possible light combination for a reflex sight. I just cranked the power all the way up on it, and it worked just fine.

That is a nice looking gun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lite027.jpg

Lite024.jpg

The thumb rest and mag well are Rim-Edge. The comp is something I made (steel). The bolt handle is something I made (aluminum). The grips are Hogue 9/32" G-10. The C-More mount is from Bearcave Machining. The internals (trigger, sear, hammer, hammer bushing are Volquartzen.

Edited by skeeljc

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another "Browning Buckmark with C-more"

Browning_BuckMark_C-More5_zps594565ea.jp

I happened to find one at the store that already came with a Threaded barrel (my lucky day, I think these were made as a Distributor's special).

Added an Allchin mount for C-More SlideRide, 8-MOA.

Shown here with my SilencerCo Sparrow, just for fun.

See you at the range.

• 1 month later...

My wife wanted me to build her a .22 with a red dot and it had to be "pretty". Back in August I started slowly picking up parts for "her" gun. However, I wanted a steel challenge open gun so I bought what I wanted and threw some pink grips on it.

Build Specs:

- Sam Lam hammer bushing

- LCI filler/delete

- VZ Aztec grips in pink with stainless grip screws

- VQ Stainless target trigger

- VQ extended safety

- VQ extractor

- Slingshot mod

- Bjtraz slide racker, anodized black

- 90* C-More mount, anodized black

- C-More slide ride red dot

- ZRTS aluminum compensator

I love the 90* mount as it gets the lens low enough to use the iron sights through the glass.

DSC_0770.jpg

Do you like the ZRTS compensator? Do you feel like it actually makes a difference? Do you think the one you got works better than the two port one they offer?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...