Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets see your .22 Steel guns

cdrissel

Anyone else playing with a wheelgun?

Anyone?? :unsure:

I know it's not the smartest choice but fun nonetheless.

Is it accurate? How's the trigger pull? Would you buy it again? Thinking of getting one.

It's accurate enough for me. Small steel at 50yard is no problem

, I also shoot golfballs at 20-25yrds with it.

Trigger is very heavy but smooth, I'd like to get Wolf springs for it eventually.

If you have been spoiled by those nice Glock triggers, I'd say try one first but for .22 trigger time without FTF's and FTE's, it's hard to beat.

Great gun.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can get a Tasco or TruGlo red dot for less than $50.

Try it in bright sunlight, though, to see whether the visibility of the dot works for you.

I have both and they're ok.

I also have a BSA red dot and a Docter knock off - both not so good.

Then again, I could have taken them back to the store.

Edited by Team Amish 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, here's my latest project, a 617 10 shot with Apex parts and a Carmoney action job. Very nice to shoot but with only one match on it I still need some trigger time with it.

617SteelGun.jpg

Here's my HS S&W 41, HS as in "Hammered Stuff"....

Severely lightened for quicker transitions and wearing re-shaped factory grips, the rust helps cut down on the glare from the highly reflective barrel and the chuck jaw marks on the barrel are part of the decoration package :surprise: This thing is a pleasure to shoot.

41OpenB.jpg

Edited by kend

Damn Kenny the pictures make those look good, nothing like they do in person. :roflol:

Yeah I was kinda disappointed you couldn't see more of the rust on the 41, looks like I need to leave it out in the rain to get a little more accent....

Ok, here's my latest project, a 617 10 shot with Apex parts and a Carmoney action job. Very nice to shoot but with only one match on it I still need some trigger time with it.

617SteelGun.jpg

Here's my HS S&W 41, HS as in "Hammered Stuff"....

Severely lightened for quicker transitions and wearing re-shaped factory grips, the rust helps cut down on the glare from the highly reflective barrel and the chuck jaw marks on the barrel are part of the decoration package :surprise: This thing is a pleasure to shoot.

41OpenB.jpg

I hope the porting on the 617 helps a coping with that nasty recoil...

Just kidding, that is a gorgeous gun. I've seen the same cylinder lightening on a Randy Lee gun before. Did you farm out or turn down the cylinder yourself?