cdrissel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My Buckmark Contour with more modified parts than original ones :rolleyes: And it's not even finished yet, need a magwell and a slideracker atleast...

_smaller.jpg

And ofcourse the trigger has to be adjustable ;)

_smaller.jpg

OK lot of trick stuff there with no details. Hey you gotta share, spacers for the mag holders, comp setup, to name a few I see

Where to start... :rolleyes:

The magholders are crspeed and the spacer is 14.2mm (0.561") piece of nylon that I found from work. Basically I just cut it to appropriate size, beveled one corner with dremel and drilled and tapped for a attachment bolt. I have a 2011 too so I'm using its original spacer there too. Now if I need to switch to .22fun I just add those spacers on the outside and I'm good to go.

_small.jpg

The compensator was made of aluminium (can't remember what aluminium) by a friend of mine. It has 4mm ports which worked the best (we tried 3, 4, 5 and 6mm ports). Okay the first 2 ports are the ones that actually do something but for appearance sake it was made bigger. :) The comp is locked in place by the rail so it doesn't rotate open. Here's a video of the comp when using cci stingers. Pretty flat even for a .22.

_small.jpg

The trigger is a diy model filed from aluminium. I wanted a straight trigger instead of the original heavily curved one. This allowed me to make pre and overtravel adjustment for it too. Whole trigger movement measured from the lowest part of the trigger is about 1.1mm and where the finger is it's about 0.6mm. I need to work on a gen53 trigger that has an pretravel adjustment that can be adjusted witho

ut taking the gun apart.

For the extended mag release I just drilled and tapped the original magrelease, put a 6mm diameter aluminium tube for and extensionspacer, took a 2011 magreleasebutton and put a longer attachment screw.

_small.jpg

Picture of the trigger and pretravel adjustment block and how it sits in the gun. It is held in place by the barrel when it's tightened in place.

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

The empty space is where the safety used to be... :ph34r: It intefered with the grip so off it came :)

_small.jpg

Eventhough the original grip of the Contour is pretty good. Putting griptape is never a bad thing. Also with the griptape I got the grip a bit fatter and made it more 2011-like so it's easier to point.

_small.jpg

Internal parts have been modiefied quite heavily. Hammer has lost some weight (about 20%), mainspring has been cut lighter, lighter mainspring quiderod from aluminium instead of original metal. Sear and hammer contact points have been polished and angle changed/shortened. Sear spring has been "flipped" to reduce pull. After the mods triggerpull is little under 2 pounds. Prolly could go lower but I like it like that.

Guess which one is original sear :rolleyes:

_small.jpg

The amount of crossing on the contactpoints has been reduced to about 1/3 of the original.

_small.jpg

There is still some creep in the trigger which is caused by the sear "twisting" on the searpin when it's pulled by the disconnector from the right side. Need to come up with some kind of solution for it...

I quess that's all the mods I now have on the gun... More coming later :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought it was time to update this thread with my updated Model 41. Herret's trainer stocks converting it to a 1911 grip angle. Bully barrel low rider version for the C-more STS. One very fine shooting package. Enjoy the pictures. :rolleyes:

Links:

http://www.herrett-stocks.com/trnrflat.htm

http://bullybarrel.ray-vin.com/frbarrels.htm

post-2219-1260129493_thumb.jpg

post-2219-1260129501_thumb.jpg

post-2219-1260129509_thumb.jpg

Edited by RodneyLtd

The empty space is where the safety used to be... :ph34r: It intefered with the grip so off it came :)

_small.jpg

Eventhough the original grip of the Contour is pretty good. Putting griptape is never a bad thing. Also with the griptape I got the grip a bit fatter and made it more 2011-like so it's easier to point.

_small.jpg

Internal parts have been modiefied quite heavily. Hammer has lost some weight (about 20%), mainspring has been cut lighter, lighter mainspring quiderod from aluminium instead of original metal. Sear and hammer contact points have been polished and angle changed/shortened. Sear spring has been "flipped" to reduce pull. After the mods triggerpull is little under 2 pounds. Prolly could go lower but I like it like that.

Guess which one is original sear :rolleyes:

_small.jpg

The amount of crossing on the contactpoints has been reduced to about 1/3 of the original.

_small.jpg

There is still some creep in the trigger which is caused by the sear "twisting" on the searpin when it's pulled by the disconnector from the right side. Need to come up with some kind of solution for it...

I quess that's all the mods I now have on the gun... More coming later :rolleyes:

So.... DOES IT RUN????

LOL

:cheers:

I have a Ruger 22/45 Mark III. I don't shoot too much steel but I would like to. What optic would be a good starter for me? Also, is CCI mini mag 22lr ammo good for steel challenge?

Are there any rules geared toward optics in 22lr steel shooting?

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by jkatz44

I just got a MK III 22/45 outfitted for steel shooting. I mounted a Cmore using an Allchin mount specifically for the Ruger MKIII. I also had a buddy install a Volquartsen accurizing kit which gives you a crisp 2.25LB trigger pull. Now my 22 steel gun feels just like my centerfire steel gun. The MK III loves to eat CCI standard velocity 22lr.

Edited by speculatorking

I just got a MK III 22/45 outfitted for steel shooting. I mounted a Cmore using an Allchin mount specifically for the Ruger MKIII. I also had a buddy install a Volquartsen accurizing kit which gives you a crisp 2.25LB trigger pull. Now my 22 steel gun feels just like my centerfire steel gun. The MK III loves to eat CCI standard velocity 22lr.

What MOA would be best for .22 steel shooting?

I agree that C-More is a great sight to go with. I've got a 12 moa dot on mine and it's great for steel. I prefer a smaller dot for my IPSC open gun though. Alot of the dot size thing is going to be personal preference IMHO though.

I have had this Advantage Arms conversion kit for a while. I just don't seem to be able to make it to the range to practice with it much.

I just got AA's weaver rail barrel "shroud" for it, so I could mount a C-more to it. The C-more is actually gray in the picture. The grips are, I think, like VZ grips...so for those interested in aesthetics there is this kinda black/gray theme going on:

22ConversionPlusCmore.jpg

I shot it the first time in competition at a local steel plate match on Saturday. It was my first time shooting a red dot in competition also. Jeesh... :rolleyes: .... red dots sure do make it easy.

This combo above just runs and runs and runs. :D

FWIW... that C-more has a 6 MOA dot module in it. This past Saturday, the way the range is situated for the steel plate match, the sun comes up right behind us, over our shoulders. So it is the worst possible light combination for a reflex sight. I just cranked the power all the way up on it, and it worked just fine.

Edited by Chills1994

I agree that C-More is a great sight to go with. I've got a 12 moa dot on mine and it's great for steel. I prefer a smaller dot for my IPSC open gun though. Alot of the dot size thing is going to be personal preference IMHO though.

Yes that's right. I think Saul Kirsh and Bj Norris use Aimpoint Micro 4MOA in Steel Challange. Saul use Aimpoint 7Moa in IPSC Open class but I don't know what Bj Norris use in Open. I have heard that many like bigger MOA for steel than IPSC. I like it smaller in Steel but that is just me. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...