Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Star Trek

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from watching this with my father...

...it blew my mind. NOTHING about this flick was bad, and EVERYTHING was amazing.

Once time travel was shown, I thought that reality would have switched back to a timeline that still had a Vulcan planet...but was surprised, and glad that it did not. Pretty much writers can do whatever the hell they want to from here on out, and I dig that.

...it blew my mind. NOTHING about this flick was bad, and EVERYTHING was amazing.

I'm sold. Shooting today and tomorrow so we'll go Monday :cheers:

Just got back and all I can say it was GREAT!!!! 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars....

I was always a big fan of James Doohan's character Scotty and Simon Pegg did a great job just wish he would have had more screen time.

Seen previews for GI Joe and Transformers they look like they are going to be great also.

• 2 weeks later...
I was always a big fan of James Doohan's character Scotty and Simon Pegg did a great job just wish he would have had more screen time.

As soon as Simon Pegg appeared onscreen, and I realized the only character he could be playing was Scotty, I thought to myself, "That's.....brilliant!" According to Wikipedia, Pegg is the only cast member who didn't have to audition for his role. They just called him up, said, "Hey, we're doing a new Star Trek movie and we'd REALLY like you play Scotty, would you be interested?" Since Pegg is, like, the world's biggest pop culture geek, I'm sure his reply went something along the lines of, "Well, I don't know, I'll have to think about that...." Yeah. Right. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I saw this movie last weekend. We laughed at all of the parts the younger audiance didn't get. What a great flick. My wife enjoyed it too. Gotta hand it to the cast and crew. Taking this series to this level. It was also great to see the backgrounds of the original characters.

Jason

• 1 month later...

Finally got to see the movie, and I was amazed and disappointed at the same time.

As a stand-alone movie, it was amazing. An incredible revitalization of a ground-braking series that had become stale in its later years, and whose movies had been major disappointments. The young actors chosen to play the main characters did a wonder job and I like the new interpretations much better than the old in some ways.

I was disappointed by how far from canon the movie was, but the writers did a really good job of why it was that way without having to come out and spell it out. Too many movies today figure the audience are idiots and that they have to spell out everything. The new Star Trek means that they can start back at ground zero and do it all over again, which is just so open to new Series and Movies.

• 4 years later...

I was disappointed by how far from canon the movie was, but the writers did a really good job of why it was that way without having to come out and spell it out. Too many movies today figure the audience are idiots and that they have to spell out everything. The new Star Trek means that they can start back at ground zero and do it all over again, which is just so open to new Series and Movies.

"Into Darkness" was an even bigger disappointment. Of all the plot ideas, they had to take an old one and completely re-write it. Just like the first movie, as a stand alone movie without the whole Star Trek mythology, it is really good. However, we do have a Star Trek Universe that has been built up over the last 45 years. To completely ignore it and use time travel as an excuse really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll waste my time when they make the new version of "The Search for Spock."

"Into Darkness" was an even bigger disappointment. Of all the plot ideas, they had to take an old one and completely re-write it. Just like the first movie, as a stand alone movie without the whole Star Trek mythology, it is really good. However, we do have a Star Trek Universe that has been built up over the last 45 years. To completely ignore it and use time travel as an excuse really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll waste my time when they make the new version of "The Search for Spock."

And there never will be a "Search for Spock" Spock didn't die in the Mutara nebula. Kirk did(sort of) and was saved by Kahn's blood. I like the new versions.

The only fault I could find was the Klingons, They were just not right.