Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Star Trek

I can't wait to see the new Star Trek movie, I have heard that it is going to be the big hit of the summer. Good acting, great cast and outstanding visual effects. Sci Fi nerd heaven :cheers:

When I first heard of this I thought to myself another remake and worse yet a remake of the original Star Trek......... With no real Cpt Kirk or Bones or "Im given her all I got captain" Scotty..... But after seeing some of the trailers it is starting to look like it might be a good movie.

I hope so......It just so hard to believe that Hollywood can not come up with any new movies.... It just seems like they are all remakes any more.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the movie last night with my son. GREAT movie.

I've watched all the Star Trek movies and more than a boatload of the series and I can say, in my opinion, this is the best one I"ve seen.

The development of characters was one of the best parts.

Go See It. I don't think you will be disappointed. :cheers:

dj

I saw it last night with my son too, I have to agree it is a very good movie. I am 43 and I was by far the oldest person in the theatre, I was the only one laughing at some of the scenes, I don't think that a lot of the crowd even watched the original series, they were far too young. :cheers: Great effects, sound, characters and very funny, I loved it. :rolleyes: Steven I would have invited you to come along but I know you need your beauty sleep. :roflol:

I'm 42 and grew up on it. I laughed my butt off at some of the scenes, my nephew just looked at me. I will see it again, it was that good. We seemed to be in the theatre with a lot of folks my age, people that grew up watching the series. Everyone laughed their butts off. Despite having almost no background on the original characters my nephew loved it and thought it was the best movie he's seen, he's 13. So, in my opinion they have nailed the demographics perfectly.

Well watched this today and I'm definitely not disappointed :)

Probably the best of the Trek movies.

ETA:

This coming from the person who owns all seasons of the next generation, deep space 9, voyager, and all the movies :P

Edited by Anubis

I to grew up on the series. Never considered myself a "Trecky" but enjoyed it and all the subsequent movies. This newest one was the best yet. As mentioned previously the character building was superb. For me the casting was absolutely spot on. So often a good movie is blown by bad casting of actors that don't fit the part(s). In this movie all the known characters were represented by actors that fit (and could act). The only thing that turned me off a bit (and I am nitpicking) was the use of glare and shaking that seems to be just a touch overdone (for the sake of artistic creativity). For me I don't mind it as long as it does not distract you from the action at hand, in this movie it does.

I also saw it with my 11 yr old son. When Scotty was in the engine room trying to get more out of the engines I leaned over to my son and whispered "Im givin er all shes got" and my son says to me after the movie "Dad, how did you know he was going to say that?" I just smiled.

Excellent movie.

I will probably see it again.

I do think the "shaky camera syndrome" during the battle scenes was overdone.

The acting and charachter development was first class.

Chris Pine makes the young Kirk instantly likeable.

This film's a winner.

I watched the original series on TV when I was 13 years old.

I bought my ticket to the movie with a senior discount.

Star Trek never gets old. I wish the same was true for the fans. LOL.

Even my wife, who I had to practically drag to the theater, loved this movie. :surprise: The entire audience actually applauded at the end. This was probably my favorite Star Trek movie of the bunch. A definite A+ for me. :bow: