Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Replacing M&P Mag Bases

SRD

Hello All!

I have a S&W M&P 9L that I really like, but the mag bases are overly long for competition purposes. I have read that the comparable compact mag bases will fit the full-size mags and are considerably shorter in length.

Believing I knew what to ask for, I called S&W last week to order new mag bases. What I got in the mail this week was not correct. My receipt say "MAG BUTT PLATE 9MM 10RD FLAT R", and the product code is 392930000. The bases I received are somewhat triangular in shape (taller toward the back) and have mounting grooves that are designed to slide into the mag body rather than around the mag body like my existing bases.

The fellow I spoke with at S&W was helpful, but clearly didn't know I was asking for the wrong mag bases even when I explained what I was trying to do. Or maybe they simply sent me the wrong thing?

Does anyone happen to know the correct S&W product code for the smaller mag bases? I'm sure I'm not the first person to swap out those huge 9L/Pro bases.

Thanks very much!

Scott

SRD,

You need to order part # 27835. You can get them directly from S&W 1-800-331-0852.

I just received 10 of them for my M&P9 Pro and while they fit on the magazine the inner floorplate does not protrude through the hole on the baseplate exactly straight. I have not used the ones that I bought yet until I figure out what I am going to do about it. They are much shorter though. I hope this helps.

BigTinVA,

Thanks for that part number. Any idea which model M&P that part comes from? I checked the S&W parts list...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...sectionId=10504

but can't seem to find that number.

Filishooter,

I almost bought bases from Speedshooters, but I called S&W thinking that would be the easier route (not exactly how things worked out). At this point, I'd like to exchange what I have rather than buy again from a new supplier.

Scott

Yes the pads you want are the 9c pads. I was concerned that the pad locking pin did not protrude all the way through the pad on mine either. But they are fine and the size is much better.

At this point I'll go back to S&W and see if I can't get it straightened out. I definitely asked for 9c mag bases, but what they sent me is not correct. The part number I have is the one listed for the 9c mag base -- I'll ask about the part number BinTinVA provided.

Thanks All,

Scott

I also ordered the 9C bases from Kenny at SSS and the pin lines up properly with the hole in the pad just fine....I had to tap the bottom of the pad or wiggle them with a punch the first time or two to get them to seat but that was it. R,