Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Texas Star Question

I only get to see a Texas Star at the big matches, and I'm tired of it kicking my butt.

I have the resources to build one, but the cost of AR 400 makes it worthwhile to just buy one. If I build one using a softer metal for the targets am I going to regret it? I don't want to save a couple of hundred dollars, only to have problems.

I only get to see a Texas Star at the big matches, and I'm tired of it kicking my butt.

I have the resources to build one, but the cost of AR 400 makes it worthwhile to just buy one. If I build one using a softer metal for the targets am I going to regret it? I don't want to save a couple of hundred dollars, only to have problems.

Softer steel won't last. It dimples even with standard velocity pistol rounds. Dimpled steel is ultimately dangerous. On a completely flat surface, the bullet flattens and falls. Dimples sends stuff back at the shooter. A real Texas Star from Terry Ashton texasstartarget@yahoo.com is worth every penny.

Softer steel won't last. It dimples even with standard velocity pistol rounds. Dimpled steel is ultimately dangerous. On a completely flat surface, the bullet flattens and falls. Dimples sends stuff back at the shooter. A real Texas Star from Terry Ashton texasstartarget@yahoo.com is worth every penny.

+1