Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miami Rifle and Pistol Club classifier match

MRPC will be hosting a special 6 stage classifier match this Sunday April 26th. Sign up begins at 9:00am and the shooting starts at 10:00. If you are looking to get classified in a different division or want to try your hand at moving up this is your chance. Range info can be found at www.miamirifle-pistol.org. Hope to see you there!

Can't hardly wait till Sunday! :cheers: I would like to meet any of you guys that will be shooting. I had a thought about one way to do this. What if when you sign up on a squad sheet just put a tiny little BE outside the margin next to your name or at the top of the sheet? Might be kind of neat to have a BE squad.

Dan, please stop ....seriously stop right now. I'm laughing so hard it hurts, please stop! Ouch that hurts .... please stop. :):roflol:

Thread-Crap-MrTCry.jpg

You know what is funny about that pic? Its not Mr. T, cause everybody knows he isn't funny, its the guy in the background with the Whitefro doing what looks like the Macerana (sp)

You know what is funny about that pic? Its not Mr. T, cause everybody knows he isn't funny, its the guy in the background with the Whitefro doing what looks like the Macerana (sp)

There's two of them Corey ..... maybe thats you & Micah. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chris Keen

OK, all kidding aside I had a great time shooting with the Lexington Mafia dudes. B) It's awesome to see the talent pool they have down in Kentucky. Too bad Chuck Bradley & Mike Foley from Shooters Connection couldn't make it. That would have been the ultimate squad from KY.

I want to thank D. Carter, Ray Z, and Dave Callahan for coming out yesterday and setting everything up. We had some georgous weather to go with the great classifiers they picked out. Only 1 stage with SHO/WHO (Single-tap Standards). Bang N Clang is a favorite of mine, and so is Mini-Mart. I could shoot those stages every day and not get tired of them. Thanks guys!

th_100_6060.jpg

th_100_6062.jpg

On Mini-Mart I went wide-right on the very last shot on T3, so that run ends up about a 77% but it still looked good at 4.04 seconds. :D

We had a great squad today too. 19 shooters on our squad and it really moved very quickly. We had so many people there was never a lack of pasters, until the last stage of the day but that's very understandable. Some folks had to jet off to work or family functions, and even then we were still left with plenty of help.

And to top it all off Pharaoh Bender and myself stopped at this great little bar that has become a standard hang-out for us, on our way home and had a few adult beverages & some grub. I dont remember the name of the place but it's a sports bar that makes a mean Hawaiian Chicken sandwich with Pineapple slices & teriyaki sauce that really hit the spot. :cheers:

Until next time ............. :bow:

Edited by Chris Keen

I dont remember the name of the place but it's a sports bar that makes a mean Hawaiian Chicken sandwich with Pineapple slices & teriyaki sauce that really hit the spot. :cheers:

Man that sounds a ton better than the dinner I'm having!

And how did you know I had a whitefro in high school??!?!??!?

Today was a great day on the range. Not only did I get to do some shooting but I was lucky enough to be squadded with Chris, Corey, Micah and Berry from Shooters Connection. This game is just like golf in that it is almost always better to play with those that are better than me so I can learn. The guys I mentioned plus several others on our squad were top shelf. I learned quite a few odd's and end's today for sure.

But the thing I enjoyed most was the fun that was had. Chris gets a little serious about his shooting but when his hands are not on his gun he is a lot of fun. :cheers: He was pretty free with advice and helpful hints as well as positive comments about almost every shooters performance.

Talked with Berry for only a few minutes but he seems to be a friendly down to earth type. We mostly talked about Adrian Sora's DOH issue.

I did not talk to Corey but listened alot to what he said and watched when he was shooting and learned alot.

And freakin' Micah. The wasp incident was unreal. And made for some free entertainment. I hope there were no allergy issues. It was worth the entry fee to see him behind a wall trying to figure out what the hell was going on in his drawers all the while there is a guy behind him getting it all on film. I may be pretty new to the game but you just don't expect to see anything like that when you sign up for a match.

I guess I was impressed by some shooters that, as good as they were were, were not as full of themselves as they were full of crap sometimes. Real people for sure.

But I did feel like I shot well and learned alot. Yes, I was one of those that had to leave as soon as I finished shooting the last stage. I had to go work a car show event as part of my day job. I was about toast by 3pm and had to work until 6. In case nobody noticed it was hot today!

I second the kudo's to Ray, Dan and the crew who set up and ran the match. Thanks much.

Hope to see you all at a match real soon.

Today was a great day on the range. Not only did I get to do some shooting but I was lucky enough to be squadded with Chris, Corey, Micah and Berry from Shooters Connection. This game is just like golf in that it is almost always better to play with those that are better than me so I can learn. The guys I mentioned plus several others on our squad were top shelf. I learned quite a few odd's and end's today for sure.

But the thing I enjoyed most was the fun that was had. Chris gets a little serious about his shooting but when his hands are not on his gun he is a lot of fun. :cheers: He was pretty free with advice and helpful hints as well as positive comments about almost every shooters performance.

Talked with Berry for only a few minutes but he seems to be a friendly down to earth type. We mostly talked about Adrian Sora's DOH issue.

I did not talk to Corey but listened alot to what he said and watched when he was shooting and learned alot.

And freakin' Micah. The wasp incident was unreal. And made for some free entertainment. I hope there were no allergy issues. It was worth the entry fee to see him behind a wall trying to figure out what the hell was going on in his drawers all the while there is a guy behind him getting it all on film. I may be pretty new to the game but you just don't expect to see anything like that when you sign up for a match.

I guess I was impressed by some shooters that, as good as they were were, were not as full of themselves as they were full of crap sometimes. Real people for sure.

But I did feel like I shot well and learned alot. Yes, I was one of those that had to leave as soon as I finished shooting the last stage. I had to go work a car show event as part of my day job. I was about toast by 3pm and had to work until 6. In case nobody noticed it was hot today!

I second the kudo's to Ray, Dan and the crew who set up and ran the match. Thanks much.

Hope to see you all at a match real soon.

I'm not as mean as I might look lol. I do appreciate being put in the same list as those guys, thank you very much! :cheers:

Edited by steel1212