Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

Placed a large order with Gamaliel Shooting Supply on 19 March 2009 mainly of shotshell reloading supplies. Added on small and large rifle as well as small pistol primers. Some powder also. May as well.

The shotshell supplies arrived within a month. Don't remember exactly when but the stuff is still widely available.

Took delivery today of 1,000 CCI BR2 large rifle primers that was backordered from the March order. I had only ordered 1,000 as I want to see what works before making a larger order.

Before you ask, I didn't pay HazMat and shipping. I piggyback my order on my local Trap ranges order and when the 18 wheeler shows up, I pick it up right off the truck. Just a little lagniappe of being a member of the club.

Still on backorder with Gamaliel's:

IMR 4064 powder

Hodgdon Varget powder

Winchester small pistol primers

Federal 210M large rifle primers

CCI 400 small rifle primers

---------------------------------------------------------

Just got off the phone with Grafs and Sons concerning my Winchester small pistol primer backorder. Yes, by backorder is still active.

The most important bit of info. They are filling orders today for Winchester small pistol primer orders made in February and March. So maybe another couple months I'll see them.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited to say -Just looked at PV website, they're getting Wolf in the 15th and shipping to everyone who ordered before 7/30.

I know they've gotta do what they've gotta do to survive, but - OUCH. You order primers at a certain price, wait for months then get charged a new price if you want 'em. I guess of course you want 'em 'cause you're low on primers. Supply and demand I guess. Still...ouch. I wonder what my Winchesters will cost me when I finally get them.

~Mitch

brunoshooters.com has Federal 205M in stock at $49.95/k

That is rediculous. I bought primers last month from Natchez for around $28/k for cci small pistol. I am getting my shipment in this week from Powder Valley with win primers at $24/k. I sent some comments to Brunoshooters.com and told them they are price gouging and I will not buy anything from them and will send my buddies elsewhere for their shooting supplies.

The primers are coming in, the war in Iraq is slowing, we should see primers back in stock very soon.

When did you place your order with Powder Valley? I order from them in May.

Edited to say -Just looked at PV website, they're getting Wolf in the 15th and shipping to everyone who ordered before 7/30.

I ordered in late march or sometime in April

I got a call from Powder Valley today letting me know they will be sending my Wolf SP and LP Primers soon. The price went up from when I ordered in April and they wanted to check if I still wanted them. The new price is $25.50 per K. Up $4.50 per K but less then the last K i Bought local for $40.

If you place an order over the phone through the Cabella's 1-800 number now you should get primers in 3 weeks. $29/k + $20 for hzmt. Hope this helps.

Are you sure? What was it that you ordered and recieved in 3 weeks? I've been on the "count down". Was supposed to be 4-5 weeks out. Then when it counted down to zero they pushed it another 4 weeks. That was for Winchester SR and SP.

~Mitch

I know they've gotta do what they've gotta do to survive, but - OUCH. You order primers at a certain price, wait for months then get charged a new price if you want 'em. I guess of course you want 'em 'cause you're low on primers. Supply and demand I guess. Still...ouch. I wonder what my Winchesters will cost me when I finally get them.

~Mitch

Ouch is right, but I've seen them alot higher the last few months.

They still show not taking backorders for Winchester so I'm glad I ordered Wolf.

I got a call from Powder Valley today letting me know they will be sending my Wolf SP and LP Primers soon. The price went up from when I ordered in April and they wanted to check if I still wanted them. The new price is $25.50 per K. Up $4.50 per K but less then the last K i Bought local for $40.

Isn't there a law against this sort of practice? Theres nothing on anyone's fine print stating prices could increase on items that are on backorder after you placed an order.

Someone's gotta know a bit more about this. This is just plain wrong.

Edited by SVIlover

Isn't there a law against this sort of practice? Theres nothing on anyone's fine print stating prices could increase on items that are on backorder after you placed an order.

Someone's gotta know a bit more about this. This is just plain wrong.

This is on their website.

Prices are subject to change without notice and do not include shipping and handling. If there are any major changes, you will be notified prior to shipment. Please include sufficient shipping; excess will be refunded with order. We do not charge nor refund balances under $1.00.

If their vendor raised prices I don't think they have much choice. I don't expect them to sell product at a loss and I feel I am being treated fairly. It would be very bad business to take back orders when you have no idea when the vendor will provide it and the price the vendor will charge you is unknown. At least they don't charge your CC until it is time to ship and they check to make sure you are willing to accept the increase. You always have the option to instead have your order canceled.

This is on their website.

Prices are subject to change without notice and do not include shipping and handling. If there are any major changes, you will be notified prior to shipment. Please include sufficient shipping; excess will be refunded with order. We do not charge nor refund balances under $1.00.

If their vendor raised prices I don't think they have much choice. I don't expect them to sell product at a loss and I feel I am being treated fairly. It would be very bad business to take back orders when you have no idea when the vendor will provide it and the price the vendor will charge you is unknown. At least they don't charge your CC until it is time to ship and they check to make sure you are willing to accept the increase. You always have the option to instead have your order canceled.

ugh! totally understandable.

but sheesh this is getting riduculous.

ugh! totally understandable.

but sheesh this is getting riduculous.

Several of us locally put together an order for 1 million Wolf primers (a friend owns an ammo company that has been in hibernation for a while). The distributor said to call him this month, pay promptly and we'd get the primers for $85 for a sleeve of 5K.

Sure enough, when it came time to order the distributor came back and said "well, the demand is way more than I expected so the new price is $125/5K and you have to order 2M now. We passed.

What a freakin' goober....we had that deal lined up for a couple of months :angry2:

brunoshooters.com has Federal 205M in stock at $49.95/k

That is rediculous. I bought primers last month from Natchez for around $28/k for cci small pistol. I am getting my shipment in this week from Powder Valley with win primers at $24/k. I sent some comments to Brunoshooters.com and told them they are price gouging and I will not buy anything from them and will send my buddies elsewhere for their shooting supplies.

The primers are coming in, the war in Iraq is slowing, we should see primers back in stock very soon.

YOU are right,,,,, it is price gouging,,,,,,,,,

But I do now have 5000 SRP,,,, in my hands,,,, a good feeling

Jim M ammo

Is there any problem using small magnum rather than small rifle or pistol.

I have never used small magnum before, are they a little hotter than small rifle.

Just a touch hotter and a bit thinker.....maybe ~10fps differnce and prob only revo shooters would need to worry about them being harder.

Lee

oh......I want them real bad but I will leave the 5k I was going to order to those who need them worse than I do....

Lee

It's 8:30 Friday. They are still listed. If you need them, IMO, you should order them. PV, must have got in a large order. :cheers:

Now, if they would do the same with Winchester.