Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

airsoft targets

hitman_usmc

I also upgraded the inner barrel to help with accuracy.

I'm aware of the replacement inner barrels. They upgrade the accuracy by being of larger diameter compared to the stock barrel and not such a sloppy fit inside the inner sleeve, yes? Maybe they give me something I can't get with a few pieces of masking to what's already there. Maybe. :lol:

I also upgraded the inner barrel to help with accuracy.

I'm aware of the replacement inner barrels. They upgrade the accuracy by being of larger diameter compared to the stock barrel and not such a sloppy fit inside the inner sleeve, yes? Maybe they give me something I can't get with a few pieces of masking to what's already there. Maybe. :lol:

Better fit and a longer barrel. My inner barrel is 7in. and goes pretty much to the end of the comp.

Flyin

Ok, I did a search and didn't find very much about how people are setting up their airsoft area so that BB's aren't all over the place. I see Manny sells netted pellet traps. Has anyone used these? Do they work? Is there something better?

Here is one of the single target boxes that I made for my backyard. It catches all of the BBs.

Target1.jpg

Basically it is just a wooden box with clamps to hold the targets, an old t-shirt to slow the bbs down (mounted about 8 inches behind the target) and 3 or 4 inch high piece of wood on the front to catch the bbs after they bounce off the rear of the box. The bbs slow down considerably from the T-Shirt and drop to the bottom of the box. You can experiment with diff thickness t-shirts (or you can use some thinner material at like 8" behind the target and then something a little thicker a few inches back from that). I also have bigger boxes that I made that either hold 2 targets or can hold several 6" paper plates. They are cheap and easy to make.

Or you can go with something like this: http://www.freedomtrainertarget.com/ I haven't seen or used this target but, I looks like it would work.

Edited by STI2011