Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlanta Arms .355 Super.

ALF

At this years Florida Open was I using my Open class SVI IMM in 9 Major. I decided to shoot Open after reading about AA .355 Super so I ordered 1000 rounds and had it shipped to friend of mine in Phoenix . When I tried the ammo was I impressed to say the least. The chrono showed a factor of 168 that is major with room to spare.

What impresses me most is that it is very consistent and the accuracy is good to say the least at least in my gun.

I know for sure that I will use Atlanta Arms ammo again, they arent cheap but quality seldom is. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Never shot it, but it sure is nice brass to reload.
Hey Boz,

I am loading minor in 9mm and picked up some 355 super brass at the range. Is it going to be OK for minor reloads or is it probably too stressed already since it is a major pf load?

Thanks

Hey Boz,

I am loading minor in 9mm and picked up some 355 super brass at the range. Is it going to be OK for minor reloads or is it probably too stressed already since it is a major pf load?

Thanks

Load it up and shoot it. Atlanta arms major load is a low pressure round compared to most major 9mm loads.

AAA .355 super is good stuff. I also run their .40, major, minor, and long. I have never ever had an ammunition related malfunction. The customer service is awesome too. They got an order wrong once and I ended up with 500 rnds of ammo free.

Hey Boz,

Thanks

Load it up and shoot it. Atlanta arms major load is a low pressure round compared to most major 9mm loads.

Thanks much.

I know what primer, brass, and bullet AAA uses, but the powder (from St Marks) is "proprietary."

Any super powder sleuths out there figure out what the closest thing is to the .355 9mm major loads Atlanta Arms is selling?

BB

Edited by BlackBuzzard

AAA is great, Danny is awesome to deal with. I have used their .355 major, 9mm 115gr TCJ, 9mm 147gr JHP, .40 minor/major/long. I have never had any problems with any of it. There's a reason they load for the AMU and Glock team as well as several top competitors.

My first season shooting Production, I used their 147gr 9mm for all matches and used my reloads just for practice. So far, this year, I've been shooting Production .40 minor reloads but I'm getting ready to start shooting Limited .40 major and with the current shortage of supplies I'm seriously considering doing the same now.

My first season shooting Production, I used their 147gr 9mm for all matches and used my reloads just for practice. So far, this year, I've been shooting Production .40 minor reloads but I'm getting ready to start shooting Limited .40 major and with the current shortage of supplies I'm seriously considering doing the same now.

I chrono my Altanta Arms ammo through my bullet testing fixture and they have been the most consistant loads that I have seen. The standard deviation is unbelievable.....................

Danny's folks do a great job!

I know what primer, brass, and bullet AAA uses, but the powder (from St Marks) is "proprietary."

Any super powder sleuths out there figure out what the closest thing is to the .355 9mm major loads Atlanta Arms is selling?

BB

the powder is Win248 I can buy it for $18.00 lb.

I use their 9MM Minor Load in Production and it's good stuff. If I could I wouldn't reload either. Wish they did 10MM too.

I have consistently found that any product offered by AAA is "best in class". No other company caters to the needs of our sport like AAA does. I have used 9mm minor, 9mm major, 40 S& S major and 223 60 gr. V-Max.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have a load useing Win 248 and Zero 124 FMJ's in 38 Super????? I was told that 7.2 gr. would be about right.... :unsure::unsure:

DOHHHHHHHHh... looks like I put this in the wrong place.355 size bullets... The Zero's that I have are .356....

Edited by Raymond in Houma

I don't think I have ever seen or even heard of Win 248, does it go by a different name?

I have been thoroughly impressed with AAA .40 major. I got some for matches after having problems with my own loads. I like them well enough that I might continue to get them for matches and keep my own loads for practice next year as well. We'll see.

BTW, I thought for a while that they might be using Winchester powder in their .40 loads and rather guessed it was 231, but after running a few batches through the chrono, I'm now leaning towards WSF as my most likely WAG (wild ass guess).

I've got enough N320 to last me for quite some time, but I think I'm going to keep an eye open for some WSF and give it a try.

I don't think I have ever seen or even heard of Win 248, does it go by a different name?

I have been thoroughly impressed with AAA .40 major. I got some for matches after having problems with my own loads. I like them well enough that I might continue to get them for matches and keep my own loads for practice next year as well. We'll see.

BTW, I thought for a while that they might be using Winchester powder in their .40 loads and rather guessed it was 231, but after running a few batches through the chrono, I'm now leaning towards WSF as my most likely WAG (wild ass guess).

I've got enough N320 to last me for quite some time, but I think I'm going to keep an eye open for some WSF and give it a try.

I bought 2 Lbs. of Win 248 (in bulk) from Atlanta Arms when I was working/living in NE Ga. thru a "deal" that was set up for "local" shooters... I think it was about 17.00-18.00 bucks a pound.... :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

does anybody know if they use WIN248 in 9mm also or just .38?

.355 Super is 9x19 loaded to Major. Its labeled as .355 Super to avoid someone confusing it as 9mm and running it in a gun that can't handle the pressure.