Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger MKIII 22/45 Open Steel Gun

Rotisiv

What kind of extended basepads did you use?

I modeled them made a mold then cast them.

Regular 1911 base pads from Ed Brown (and all those like them) fit just fine. Drill a hole for the rear screw and set it so that the front screw hole lines up with the take down hole on the mag. Do not use a screw in the front hole. Add glue or JB Weld and the base pads stay put and you can still use the take down hole if you want to.

-ld

Put one of these slide rackers on your Ruger too.......you'll love it.

I made one for myself but I guess Brownell sells something similar.

Very nice looking gun you have there. Love the grips you have on it.

post-7514-1239634942_thumb.jpg

post-7514-1239634973_thumb.jpg

Edited by billfer

Those grips are really slick. Rotisiv (Dominic) gave me a set to try out and they are great. They simply fit over the RugerMK III molded grip. You drill 2 holes per side, using the holes in the grips as a template, install with standard 1911 grip screws, and you have a 1911 grip on your MkIII. Really cool stuff! :cheers:

Those grips are really slick. Rotisiv (Dominic) gave me a set to try out and they are great. They simply fit over the RugerMK III molded grip. You drill 2 holes per side, using the holes in the grips as a template, install with standard 1911 grip screws, and you have a 1911 grip on your MkIII. Really cool stuff! :cheers:

What grips?

The grips on my Ruger MKIII 22/45 are aftermarket grips that fit over the existing polymer grip frame grips. I didn't want to mill or file off the polymer frame grips so I designed grips for the Ruger MKIII 22/45 polymer grip frame.

Edited by Rotisiv

The grips on my Ruger MKIII 22/45 are aftermarket grips that fit over the existing polymer grip frame grips. I didn't want to mill or file off the polymer frame grips so I designed grips for the Ruger MKIII 22/45 polymer grip frame.

What brand grips? Where would I find these grips?

Thanks

Yours looks a lot like mine. I added a feature on the end that makes for quieter shooting. Where do I get the template to put 1911 grips on mine. I like that setup but I dont want to grind off my original grip panels.

daves029.jpg

I'd be interested in a set of these also. Where do you find them????

My Purple Pimp Gun..........

Purple02.jpg

:cheers:

whoa! Now that IS pimped! Who did the compensator work on the barrel? I like it! I have a MkII I'm thinking of making into a Steel gun. My 12yr old son shoots it now...but lately I've had an itch! :)

More custom Ruger grips........

:cheers:

you know what I think of them.

S,

Sure do!

As soon as Hoser gets me the CZ grips I will start an them next. That is, when I have some "free" time.

You shootin' Steel Wednesday?

C

S,

Sure do!

As soon as Hoser gets me the CZ grips I will start an them next. That is, when I have some "free" time.

You shootin' Steel Wednesday?

C

going to be stuck in the office again..actually might have to take days off to come shoot this match.