Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Medal of Honor winner Ed Freeman

AlamoShooter

Ed Freeman the famous helicopter Pilot that flew in under heavy fire to take out wounded solders dies at 80 years old.

Just got an email from a friend about the death

The story is very good about how many times he flew in with the enemy as close as 100 yards away shooting at them.

Edited by AlamoShooter

He is indeed. The news account that I read stated that "The medivacs had been ordered to stay out because it was too hot. He flew Hueys that primarily ferried toops and his commander asked for volunteers to go into the hot LZ to pick up the wounded. He was the only one to step forward. His commander climbed in with him and he made 13 trips into that hell with the enemy firing from as close as 100 yards. A true hero, cool head, nerves of steel, and guts.

The entire Nation should mourn such a loss. The Commander-in-Chief should make mention of every lost CMH recipient, as most receive the Medal in Honor of those whom have given as much, done as much yet their story unwitnessed, untold or unrecognized.

I am proud to say that I have read the Citations of "every" Medal of Honor recipient. Some of their cited feats are unbelievable, some very brief, but all are inspiring. I highly recommend adding the reading of all CMH Citations to your "bucket list". BTW, you will not find the list on any best seller lists. A dozen or so have books, of which I think I have read them all too. "Dust-off" is one such book that I would recommend, along with MARINE Rifleman, The Unlikely Hero, Escape from River City and others. All of these men are remarkable, and our freedom is owed to the likes of these guys and what they represent.

Martin

A TRUE American HERO!!!!

We are all diminished by his passing :(

Jim

Yes sir a TRUE American Hero indeed!!!!!!.

If only today's youth and generation respected and cared for such a Hero! :(

It all starts with us parents, we need to teach them the importance of men like Ed Freeman. They sure are not going to hear about him at school or on the TV. God rest your soul Ed Freeman