Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sporting Clays Favorites

j1b

I'm headed up to here: http://www.nemacolin.com/SHOOTINGACADEMY in two weeks.

I've heard the course is pretty awesome.

I now live in Western PA and all of the sudden started wondering what the best courses were around here. But then I started thinking about all around best courses.

I do golf, though not a ton anymore. But given the opportunity if I could I'd play Augusta or St. Andrews. Just because. I assume there are sporting clays courses that are similarly spectacular. It'd be cool to make that list of courses to shoot through the U.S. and then spend the next 20 years getting to them.

This thread can go where it will. Hopefully it'll be a long and fruitfull list of incredible courses to have fun with.

Jack

I shot Nemacolin a couple years back, what a great set up and crew. I had my entire family with me (father, stepmon, brother, and sister) non of which had every shot sporting clays. The guide/instructor was fantastic and had everybody really enjoying themselves. Moving from station to station on golf carts, multiple setups at every station - just awesome.

Have a great time, I plan on going back as soon as I can swing it.

I now live in Western PA and all of the sudden started wondering what the best courses were around here. But then I started thinking about all around best courses.

I do golf, though not a ton anymore. But given the opportunity if I could I'd play Augusta or St. Andrews. Just because. I assume there are sporting clays courses that are similarly spectacular. It'd be cool to make that list of courses to shoot through the U.S. and then spend the next 20 years getting to them.

This thread can go where it will. Hopefully it'll be a long and fruitfull list of incredible courses to have fun with.

Jack

• 4 months later...

One of my favorite ranges is Roni Murray's Okeefenokee Sporting Clays in Folkston, GA. A beautiful rustic 40 plus station course with a 100 ft tower and a lake. The skeet houses are made of logs like a log cabin and the porch on the tin-roofed clubhouse (a re-furbished cracker swamp house) is a great place to find a rocker and relax after a round of clays.

Also big fan of Cedar Creek Sporting Clays in Millville, NJ. 32 stations in the Pinelands and open fields of South Jersey- 16 easy & 16 hard. & when I say hard, I mean tricky fun targets that will leave you wondering why they didn't break. If you shoot in the 90s on the easy, expect to shoot in the 70s on the hard. Owner and course designer, Joe Scull goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome. You'll see a lot of families shooting, which is nice. Favorite target last week was the kamikaze rabbit. It lept off a 3oft lift and you had to break it in the air. Pretty cool. They're hosting the Kruger Classic in the fall. Not to miss!

Good shooting to you–

Christian P.

Team ClaySports

www.claysportsonline.com

• 3 weeks later...

Back when I lived in IL, I loved to go down to Olde Barn Sporting Clays in Oakland. 120-round course through the woods, with all kinds of shots.

The best part was that it was never the same - you could come back in a month to find a significantly different course. Thrower angles would change, shooting positions would be shifted, and entirely new stations would spring up. Good times.

• 2 years later...

Jack

• 2 months later...

Caribou Gun Club in Le Sueur, MN. Randy throws great targets and has great terrain he can use. It's 8 hours from my house but I go at least twice a year, for tournament or casual shooting. I'm already regsitered for the US Open and will be shooting Wed-Sun..

Elk Creek in N. KY.. Almost unmatched terrain and ridiculous infrastructure.

Claythorne in SE Kansas. Great targets and they really know how to put together a shoot. I'm not quite as sold on their terrain as many shooters but the targets are first class.