Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tap-Rack-Slingshot?

Canuck223

So I manage to provide comic relief yesterday.

In a medium course of fire with a lot of duck and weave through hallways and doors prior to engaging the first target, I choose to keep my gun holstered and locked until I slowed for the first shooting position.

I drew my STI GP6 out of my Hogue holster, and engaged the first steel double action. On moving the gun to the next target, I noticed that the slide was locked back. (First jam ever)

I did a tap-rack-bang, except it was instead a tap-rack-slingshot- :surprise::surprise: as my slide, barrel, and recoil spring launched downrange.

It appears that in snatching the gun from the holster, I must have been slow getting the lock off, and popped the trigger guard down, which is step one in disassembling the gun.

Good news is the tenifer finish holds up really well to a concrete floor. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Nice. lol

My dad took the cylinder out of his revo during a stage one time. Its on You Tube some where but I can't find it...

It was Pretty funny, the yoke and everything came out and was lying on the ground, he looked up and was trying to holster his gun and stuff, but our RO was telling him to show clear just so we could get a close-up of it...