Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 rimfire mag pouches

abs

Where would I find a maker of .22 rimfire mag pouches (Ruger 22/45)? What are you guys using that shoot the Challenge and other rimfire matches?

Thanks!

abs

Oh, yea, did the obligatory search, yielded zippo, nada, nothing.

Edited by abs

I ordered a nylon carrier from Brownells. I will have to go in the safe and look up the mfg. It holds five mags. This is just a case for the mags. Not a belt worn mag pouch. I think it's made by Californina CompetitiionWorks (SP?)

I don't shoot rimfire matches but I use a Bob Allen shotshell pouch, the kind with 2 compartments, when I am out shooting the .22's. $19.95 for something that will hold a dozen 22/45 mags beats the heck out of pouches costing $29.95 each.

I've got a pair of Fobus #6922 pouches (made for 2x .22lr single stacks). They're tight with my Sig Mosquito mags and just a little loose for my Buckmark mags.

They work, but I don't really like them. I've switched to foam spacer inserts in my CR Speed pouches for Action Pistol matches, and I usually leave them in a nylon storage pouch for Steel Challenge (same as or similar to the one that mwx40x40 owns).

I've been using a California Competition Works pouch that I picked up at the Challenge a few years ago. It might be the 5/10 pouch he carries now, don't know for sure since his website doesn't have a picture.

• 3 weeks later...