Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New for 2009

Toolguy

New invention for 2009, patent pending.

This scope mount was originally designed for flat-top AR-15 type guns. It is the correct height to co-witness the iron sights on an AR-15 through the optics in case the red dot goes out.

The base part clamps on any Weaver or Picatinny rail. On some Weaver rails, the slot needs to be made wider.

Although originally designed for the AR type platform, it can be attached to anything that shoots. For example, it would work on a deer or turkey shotgun, crossbow, air rifle, handgun, grenade launcher, or black powder rifle.

There are 10 available elevation settings, each one infinitely adjustable by a set screw behind each number. Once the elevations have been set to the desired positions, they can be changed instantly from one to another by lifting the wheel, turning to the desired number, and lowering. The numbers for the elevation settings are at the back and always clearly visible to the shooter.

The mount may be removed and replaced and will repeat accurately. That means it can be used on multiple guns if only 3 or 4 settings are needed for each gun. The mount has been repeatable in tests to 600 yards. In practical terms, the degree of accuracy is limited by the size of the dot.

For example, a 5 minute dot may be useable to 200 yards on an ipsc target.

It has an elevation range of 20 feet in 100 yards. May be used with gloves as easily as without.

The scopes that fit are: JPoint, Tasco Optima, Pride-Fowler Compact, Trijicon Red Dot. New model is available for Burris Fastfire and Docter.

Pride-Fowler is the scope in the pictures. The PFI logo is for Pride-Fowler Industries found at rapidreticle.com.

Retail is $195.00 for the scope mount. Scopes are extra. Call for quantity discounts. 913-422-8966.

post-10360-1238280404_thumb.jpg post-10360-1238280445_thumb.jpg post-10360-1238280458_thumb.jpg post-10360-1238280501_thumb.jpg post-10360-1238280508_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toolguy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Folks, I was lucky enough to handle one of these puppies at Bianchi earlier this year. As with all things Warren does, it is extremely well made and works as it is advertised.

It is a neat unit, and if you need one he will stand behind it 100%

Glad to see them on the market Warren!

Good luck with this!

DougC

Nice machine work there! Impressive. 3 thoughts:

1) The standard AR-15 rear sight suffers from a slight "cant" or rotation; NRA Service Rifle guns (particularly White Oak Precision) address this issue with vertical guide pins to eliminate this movement. I cannot tell if your mount corrects for this movement (appears your mount functions similar to an A2 rear sight).

2) With 2 sets of protective "ears" (the mount and the sight housing), the sight picture seems a little "busy" to me -particularly if one had to resort to the iron back up sights. Would it be possible to eliminate the gap between the mount and the sides of the sight?

3) LaRue built his reputation by making his sight bases repeatable and QD. Adding that feature would be a big selling point to some folks.

Again, nice work.

Thanks Doug and all for your generous remarks. Thanks for your questions Carlos. The customer is the final and most important inspector.

I will answer your concerns as follows:

1) This base has a hinge in the front that goes all the way across, so is very tightly controlled in that orientation. It will only be canted if the rail it attaches to is canted.

2) This sight was originally designed to be in combat where equipment can get banged around pretty hard. The "wings" on the mount will take

heavy abuse before they bend enough to contact the sight. For lighter use, the wings can be cut off just above the bottom of the sight.

I find that when I'm looking at the dot on target, I don't notice the wings or the frame of the sight. Not everyone is the same though.

Also, the space between the scope and wings allows the protective cover to be put on.

3) This mount is very repeatable when taken off and put back on. Although it doesn't have a lever, it takes only a few seconds to put it on

or take it off. A lever system could be provided if there is enough interest.

I welcome all comments and questions as this is how I find out what my customers are thinking and what they want. Thanks again.

Best Regards- Warren

Edited by Toolguy