Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat, SVI IMM, Bedell, Brazos - which one?

ironb

On all the vendors that's mentioned above. How much would be a typical race gun will cost me to build (ie. if I will supply the frame)?

The frame will probably save you a few hundred bucks. Cheapest builder (price wise) I found is Dan Bedell/Shooters Connection ($3200). One of the more pricey options is SVI themselves (IMM Open). Brazos and Limcat seem to be towards the higher end as well. Johnny Lim from Limcat customs is a SUPER good guy to work with. He's spent a lot of time with me on the phone nailing down the options for my Dragoncat shorty. I went with him for one of my guns because of his quick turn-a-round time. If price is your big determination factor, give Mike or Chuck a call at shooters connection.

Edited by ironb

The frame will probably save you a few hundred bucks. Cheapest builder (price wise) I found is Dan Bedell/Shooters Connection ($3200). One of the more pricey options is SVI themselves (IMM Open). Brazos and Limcat seem to be towards the higher end as well. Johnny Lim from Limcat customs is a SUPER good guy to work with. He's spent a lot of time with me on the phone nailing down the options for my Dragoncat shorty. I went with him for one of my guns because of his quick turn-a-round time. If price is your big determination factor, give Mike or Chuck a call at shooters connection.

Thanks for the info and input. Just want to know how much other builder charges to build but I'm thinking of going to my Mr. Johnny Lim. Since I always see him in our local match here in Sacto. I'm liking the RazorCat that he showed my last time. He also mentioned that his going to release a new version of Dragoncat (Gen. 2). Is that what you got?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info and input. Just want to know how much other builder charges to build but I'm thinking of going to my Mr. Johnny Lim. Since I always see him in our local match here in Sacto. I'm liking the RazorCat that he showed my last time. He also mentioned that his going to release a new version of Dragoncat (Gen. 2). Is that what you got?

Thanks again.

Not sure if he's building me a Gen 2, but I would imagine so since he just started building it. I'll have to ask him about it. He's building me a custom dragoncat shorty. He also said he would tune the mags I have for the gun (which reminds me, I need to send him the mags!)

Thanks again.

Not sure if he's building me a Gen 2, but I would imagine so since he just started building it. I'll have to ask him about it. He's building me a custom dragoncat shorty. He also said he would tune the mags I have for the gun (which reminds me, I need to send him the mags!)

Oh! it's a shorty. No I haven't seen that one yet. But I've seen the Gen 2 Dragoncat (9X19) major that he build for my friend. It's very cool!!!

I would go with a Limcat because of the "wow factor" Johnny's guns have along with being very cool and stylish. Second choice would be Bedell for the same reasons.

I agree! His very artistic guy. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late on the reply, but it might be worth while for someone else down the line doing some research. I went with JPL for my open gun. I know John, shoot with him at the local matches, and have seen his builds just run. When I expressed interest in having something built, all the folks who had guns from him got together with me after a match so I could try out the various configurations to see what I liked best. Everyone is different. I went with long and heavy. I've been really happy with the gun. So much so, that I jumped in the queue for a Limited gun from him.

One of the biggest contributing factors in my choice was that he's local and I know him. There are lots of great builders out there, so my cheif recommendation to someone looking to buy is to find a gunsmith with a great reputation, who you can establish a repore/relationship with and from whom you'll have a pride in ownership. These guys put a lot of work into the guns - to me they're not just objects, but a piece of them.

~Mitch

• 4 weeks later...