Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 or STI GP6?

Hello: I used the CZ today with the 13lb hammer spring and it went bang everytime with Winchester primers:cheers: I still need the front fiber optic sight though. Getting better with the DA trigger as well. I have only shot it twice now. I am impressed so far. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

I was at a match yesderday where I got to handle a GP6 at the safe table. The owner said it was stock, the trigger was great and it pointed well. I liked the low profile slide, much like a CZ, still, not as low as a CZ. The poly frame was slippery, my only complaint.

I got to handle the STI GP6 at the Single Stack Classic. I also have a CZ Shadow. Without shooting the GP6 it did impress me, but funds are to low for me to buy one to shoot. I do like my Shadow though.

I got to handle the STI GP6 at the Single Stack Classic. I also have a CZ Shadow. Without shooting the GP6 it did impress me, but funds are to low for me to buy one to shoot. I do like my Shadow though.

I don't think anyone is going to pound thier SP01 into a paperweight just by trying the GP6, but if you like clean triggers and polymer frames, it's definately a gun to take out for a test drive.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about your CZ how are the quality of the magazines. I was not impressed with the newer magazines and I went and bought some direct from CZ and they were no better.

I guess they changed the manufacturer in the 90's.

I guess they changed the manufacturer in the 90's.

I believe they use Mecgar for most of their magazines now. If I remember correctly, the 19rd SP01 mags are the only ones not built by Mecgar.

I've found Mecgars to be great quality regardless of the gun I buy them for.

• 2 months later...

My production gun is a SP01 that I have been shooting for a while & really like it.

For the last few weeks I have been shooting a GP6 and have found it very nice indeed as someone said the frame is a bit slippery but we have cured that with some grip tape, just need an extended mag button & thats on order!

While its not a SP01 for a poly frame gun it comes pretty close, Very nice SA trigger, smooth DA pretty good sights out of the box (apart from the white dots) I intend to shoot the GP6 for a while & see how it stacks up, so far pretty good!

Bill

My production gun is a SP01 that I have been shooting for a while & really like it.

For the last few weeks I have been shooting a GP6 and have found it very nice indeed as someone said the frame is a bit slippery but we have cured that with some grip tape, just need an extended mag button & thats on order!

While its not a SP01 for a poly frame gun it comes pretty close, Very nice SA trigger, smooth DA pretty good sights out of the box (apart from the white dots) I intend to shoot the GP6 for a while & see how it stacks up, so far pretty good!

Bill

where did you order the ext mag release from? that's what I need for my short thumbs.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up my CZ-75B from Angus, after giving me a trigger job that is Prodction Division-legal. He and his gunsmith Eric do great work, in my opinion.

thinking about shooting production at the Area 2. :cheers:

The SP-01 Shadow is extremely accurate and fits most hands like a glove. If you do some work on the trigger you'd be amazed at what you can accomplish with the gun.

Extremely happy owner!

• 3 weeks later...
I never posted here but I ended up buying the CZ SP01 Custom. It's had a bit of work done to it and has a sick 2lb. SA trigger. I really like the gun so far and I'm now waiting on my Comp-Tac holster for it. I'll give it a whirl in IDPA when my gear arrives. I also picked up an M&P Pro 9mm to try out as well.

Pete

Pete,

Where in Massachusetts did you get your CZ SP01 Custom and how do you like it?

FrankD