Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Congrats to JJ Johnson, nice finish in open!

You still have to RO Rocky Mountain, so stop sucking up!!!! (Once you're in the family...you can never leave! Bwahahaha!) :roflol:

We just got home from driving straight through to Denver. Whew! Good match, good fun! Congrats to Dianne for a hard fought win and to Tasha for a great match!

Thanks to all the army for all their hard work and great attitudes! Thanks to everyone for their hard work! Thanks to all the sponsors!!! Just thanks! :cheers:

Must unpack the truck now and sleep!!!!

Denise

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU! to everyone involved. ROs, stats, match staff, the fine men and women in service that reset, everyone.

I was fortunate enough to be on squad 18, with old friends, and new, plus a real, live American hero. It was an honor to shoot with this young man, and I am privileged to call him my friend.

Prize table was great, and thank you, but the folks are what make FB3G what it is. Thanks to all.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! :cheers:

First FB3G! Had a great time seeing friends and Squad 13 was lots of fun! Unfortunately, I was one of several unlucky shooters that learned a lesson on Stage 7 :(

Thanks to all involved with putting on the match! It looked like a lot of fun...

FB3GDQS002.jpg

Edited by trickpony

FB3GDQS002.jpg

wow .. cool.. , but glad i didnt get one yet.. seemed fewer this year that last.. squad 3 survived with zero dq.. lost a rifleman on stage one final day..... hope all is well russ..

thanks to all hoping for #6 in 2010

support those that support our sport and thank a Veteran.. with out them we wouldnt enjoy our lives as we know them...

I wonder how many people would go if there was open registration? If Linda isn't sick of this thread, maybe she will let us know how many people ended up on the waiting list. I had a hard weekend, I didn't sign up because it was our 25th wedding anniv. Then our son's soccer team signed up for a tournament that weekend, so we couldn't do the anniv thing anyway. Guess where the tournament was- Atlanta. We drove to Atlanta, and I sat there all weekend, knowing what was going on just "right over yonder". It kinda hurt a little. That's why there has to be at least one more...

With this one, there are now 1033 posts. With the same effort we could all lobby AMU for the 2010 match to be 12 stages over 4 days with 500 shooters.

C'mon Charles,

I only get a limited number of days I can take off in a year from work and the 4 I took this past weekend is about my limit at any one time! Great as the match is and always has been, if we go to 4 days I may be out...

Steve

With this one, there are now 1033 posts. With the same effort we could all lobby AMU for the 2010 match to be 12 stages over 4 days with 500 shooters.

C'mon Charles,

I only get a limited number of days I can take off in a year from work and the 4 I took this past weekend is about my limit at any one time! Great as the match is and always has been, if we go to 4 days I may be out...

Steve

Big Steve. You have to dream big.

C'mon Charles,

Steve

Big Steve. You have to dream big.

Charles,

Dreams can be smashed by that 4 letter word you know.

Great match. Great squad (11) with just truly great shooters. Thanks to Sgt. Hampton and the entire AMU. Thanks to Daniel Horner for designing a great shirt. Thanks to all the Ft. Benning personnel, the volunteer RO's and the Rangers for being great at running the stages. Thanks to all the sponsors for contributing. And a special thanks to Linda Chico, who helped us all out. All the shooters and staff were supportive, the camaraderie was evident, the esprit de corps excellent. Send a letter to the Commander if you like what the AMU does and how they represent us - I do. I am very proud of these soldiers.

Brian,

It was good seeing you there. It sounds like you had plenty of stimuli during the drive home, ours was less interesting except for Chad's wet pant leg.

Never stand in front of Ruf while he is relieving himself on the side of the road. Dude has a stream like a 5 year old!!! Never let Phelps navigate or walk the prize table alone. Other than that, team Adams Arms made it home safely. Congrats to Ruf for being high military. It was good to see old friends and meet new ones. Squad 12 was a great bunch of folks (even you Tate) and had a great squad mom (thanks LT). Great match and hope they do it again.

A 4 day match would kill the staff. But, maybe by showing our gratitude we can lobby for another 9 stages for '10.

This was my first FB3G- and it lived up to all expectations! Stage design was great, even #8 which at first glance seemed like a pain in the ass. Stage 2 was almost as fun to watch as it was to shoot! My favorite was #1- but only because I won it in my division. :) I was really happy w/ my time on stage 7, until I found I drilled the no-shoot on rifle target #3- TWICE.

Thanks to the AMU, Ft. Benning Command, RO's, all the wonderful men and women of the US Army that helped out, sponsors, and fellow shooters for making this a great match. I didn't know anyone on Squad #17 before the match, but had a wonderful time with this group of guys.

Another excellent match!!! Outstanding.

Many, many THANKS to AMU, Linda, ROs, stats, and all of the rest that made this match possible.

Also, THANKS to all the sponsors that provide such an outstanding prize tables.

Hope there's a year 6 and beyond.

Thank you AMU. Thank you US Army. Thank you Linda and staff and thank you all the ROs and other volunteers.

I am hopeful that Ft. Benning will happen again. We all need to write to the commander and let him know how much this means to us. The comments from some of the military guys I heard were that this IS RELEVANT! They want to take back what they did at the FB3G to their respective units and use it for training.

That is what will determine if we get to go forward.

Send out an Email to Sgt. Hampton and to any others that you have an email for, ask them if they'd forward your comments if you don't have a contact.

Also, and this is equally important, send out thank yous to all the sponsors regardless of what you got off the table. The list is in the match book and there is a link posted above somewhere.

Jim

Linda told me that there were only 1 or 2 shooters on the list on Friday morning and 1 of those looked like they would make the match.

I wonder how many people would go if there was open registration? If Linda isn't sick of this thread, maybe she will let us know how many people ended up on the waiting list. I had a hard weekend, I didn't sign up because it was our 25th wedding anniv. Then our son's soccer team signed up for a tournament that weekend, so we couldn't do the anniv thing anyway. Guess where the tournament was- Atlanta. We drove to Atlanta, and I sat there all weekend, knowing what was going on just "right over yonder". It kinda hurt a little. That's why there has to be at least one more...

Thank you AMU. Thank you US Army. Thank you Linda and staff and thank you all the ROs and other volunteers.

I am hopeful that Ft. Benning will happen again. We all need to write to the commander and let him know how much this means to us. The comments from some of the military guys I heard were that this IS RELEVANT! They want to take back what they did at the FB3G to their respective units and use it for training.

That is what will determine if we get to go forward.

Send out an Email to Sgt. Hampton and to any others that you have an email for, ask them if they'd forward your comments if you don't have a contact.

Also, and this is equally important, send out thank yous to all the sponsors regardless of what you got off the table. The list is in the match book and there is a link posted above somewhere.

Jim

Here is a link indicating the new base commander.

http://www.army.mil/-newsreleases/2009/05/...-new-commander/

Again thanks to Sgt Hamp, Robbie, Linda, volunteer range officers, Ranger Battalion and sponsors for another fine match. Thanks for letting the old guys play. What was the white stuff on the ground Saturday morning?

Les / Florida

Yep, everyone got the shirt if they had enough shirts printed... I believe stage 7 ended the match for most.

<_< What was the problem on Stage 7??? the only thing I can remember as a small issue was the reload to the last hand-gun position. But that seemed like a nobrainer even for me.

Starting in the harness, using all three guns and ending the stage with six rollover prone shots - a position most shooters never shoot, let alone practice.

You guys should thank God you shot stage 7 after we did. Our first stage Thursday Am at 0-dark-thirty in the mud. After the third shot I was blind. It was "painful" scraping sandy mud off of a $1200 lens and prescription glasses so I could see targets!