Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When can we expect round counts, etc? With the ammo shortage and my work schedule, I'm getting a bit concern about covering the bases for ammo.

Way back somewhere in this thread (page 14) is the round count from last year. I doubled that and stashed it in a box. Well, not quite 2x birdshot and about 4x slugs. The rules say "Thou shalt not use buckshot upon penalty of DQ" or something like that, so no buckshot.

Lee

Thanks. I'll go back and get the numbers. Time to crank up the Dillon.

RMD

Maine -

The main range is comprised of 9 or 10 bays that are stretched out over 800 or so yards. There are generally two stages that will be off site and the AMU has provided transportation the past 4 years to those stages. You can not move your vehicle from stage to stage (there just isn't enough room) so you need some means of transporting your gear. I work the match and what I generally do is park close to whatever stage I will finish on that particular day and then work out of the cage. I rarely use a cart anymore preferring a medium size pack and a rifle case that will contain both my rifle and shotgun.

'Just heard from a friend of mine that despite securing a confirmation code somewhere in the 40's he's not gonna be able to make it to the match afterall...

All you folks on the waiting list... Move up one notch.

Maine -

The main range is comprised of 9 or 10 bays that are stretched out over 800 or so yards. There are generally two stages that will be off site and the AMU has provided transportation the past 4 years to those stages. You can not move your vehicle from stage to stage (there just isn't enough room) so you need some means of transporting your gear. I work the match and what I generally do is park close to whatever stage I will finish on that particular day and then work out of the cage. I rarely use a cart anymore preferring a medium size pack and a rifle case that will contain both my rifle and shotgun.

Awesome.. thanks.

Has anyone on the wait list been notified. I am #18 and haven't received any notification yet. I've cancelled my work schedule on Thursday and Friday, which is costing a lot of $$$$. I don't mind missing it for FB3G, but if I dont' find out until a few days before and I don't get in, it will cost me as 'bout as much as that new Barrett 338 that I've been wanting to get.

Buehler.......anyone?

I am just waiting patiently (really I am, no really) for round counts and any possible stage information so I know better what to bring. Days off are scheduled, RV is tuned up. Wife and daughter OK with me being gone yet again. (Have to check in on that, I like being able to go, but I don't want them too happy to see me gone for a week, makes me wonder).

Last year at two days was great, three days should be awesome.

Jim

With the Area 6 Multigun Championship in the books, my sights :rolleyes: are firmly set on this event. Can't wait for more info.

After watching people on the stage I was R.O.'ing (Stage 4, which involved pistol, rifle and shotgun), I realize how much I still have to learn, and how much I need to practice. It was almost like a clinic....... all be it a clinic that left me humbled... Watching some of the best in the country has left me with a lot to process...

Can't wait to see y'all soon.... 8 weeks :cheers:

For those of you on the waiting list, I have no official word of any kind. Having said that, I will observe that for any large match that you are going to have between 5 and 10% of those entered not be able to attend at the last minute for any number of reasons from the dog getting sick or the hamster passing away. The thing that I personally fear most is an important client calling me the day before and telling me that they absolutely have to have ______ done right now.

IMO if you are now (since perhaps some have already dropped out and we just do not yet know it) at #25 or less you are going to get into the match but you might not actually get entered until registraion starts. And if you show up and if you do not get into the match, there is always fun things that you can do at the match like caddy for some of the big dogs. And if you are not the type to want to watch others shoot, making coffee for Linda could be a full time job. ^_^

Edited by Charles Bond

I think I was #16 on the waiting list in the last message from Linda. Since Linda is one of the busiest people in Practical Shooting, I just figured she was waiting to be able to clear several shooters from the waiting list in one swoop of the pen, so to speak. I have Hotel reservations, time scheduled off, and ammo set aside. All I need now is a confirmation number, money and talent for the match (but I ain't never let those last two stop me from showing up anywhere before :roflol: )

DMAC: if you were ahead of me on the list, I would try to convince you to just give up on it now. ( just kidding, good luck to you)

Hurley

I'm really hoping that when we have Thanksgiving at our house and I say grace that I will be able to give thanks to God for getting me off the waiting list and into FB3G for the first time. Until then, I'm just praying.

Oh yeah....I pray for a lot more important things too. I don't want everyone here to think I have my priorities too messed up! I'll pray for you too Hurley :D

Edited by DMAC

there is always fun things that you can do at the match like caddy for some of the big dogs

Best I start hitting the gym, I will e mail CertM and KellyMeal to see if they will allow me to carry their range bags.... :roflol:

there is always fun things that you can do at the match like caddy for some of the big dogs

Best I start hitting the gym, I will e mail CertM and KellyMeal to see if they will allow me to carry their range bags.... :roflol:

If they turn you down, I know a little dog who will be glad to let you and who will buy your lunch to boot! :cheers:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I'm afraid my participation may be limited to Sherpa duties as well.

I think I need a sign "Will work for ammo or opportunity to shoot in side match"

I thought Sgt. Hampton said every match winner would get a Sherpa this year. And as a prosecutor, I am used to cops carrying all my stuff. So yes, you may. But you better get into better shape ..... Give me 50!!!!!!!

Kell, you just offer the prestige of caddy'ing for you, Mike offers a selection of decent whiskey choices and probably Cubans.....

....and I know you appreciate a nice cigar......

You are slipping amigo ! :cheers:

Edited by mike.45

I'm really hoping that when we have Thanksgiving at our house and I say grace that I will be able to give thanks to God for getting me off the waiting list and into FB3G for the first time. Until then, I'm just praying.

Oh yeah....I pray for a lot more important things too. I don't want everyone here to think I have my priorities too messed up! I'll pray for you too Hurley :D

Thanks, I need all the help that I can get.

Hurley

Kell, you just offer the prestige of caddy'ing for you, Mike offers a selection of decent whiskey choices and probably Cubans.....

....and I know you appreciate a nice cigar......

You are slipping amigo ! :cheers:

But I won. Caddying for me should be honor enough.